hsbc various debts to them inc managed loan

me_n_my_kids
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

just want to say i think this website is fab, ive been having a look around tonight and everyone seems to helpful its fab. i was recomended to come here from someone named Hazel on another site, and should i win anything you can be sure ill be donating here to help others!

anyway im issue is to do with hsbc. i have been gettng charged an average of £100 a month for the past 3 years, sometimes more, sometimes less and this has been going on for the past 5 years in all, more charges recently. anyway ive had a look round the site but im still unsure what my first step should be. i have all my 6 years of bank statements infront of me, but i dont know what letter to send and what i need to do first. im sorry to be a nuisence, im pregnant and suffering terrible pregnancy minemeat brain here lol.

thank you so much in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

Helen

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there i was just wondering if anyone had any uplifting stories regarding getting money back from hsbc bank? im owed a lot, not worked out how much yet, but at least a couple of thousand pounds. what was your first step, and is it as scary as it sounds?

Helen (very grateful for any advice at all!)

Hi Helen, welcome to the family.

First, spend a few days reading the FAQs, the step-by-step guide and the threads in the HSBC forum.

This is a self-help forum, so it's up to you to do a bit.

Click this link for FAQs

Clcik this link for the step-by-step guide.

Go Through your statements and highlight all the charges.

Next, transfer the highlighted charges to a spreadsheet.

Click this link for spreadsheets.

When you have completed the spreadsheet, save it on your PC (you'll need it again). Print it out and send it as your schedule of payments claimed with the Preliminary letter.

Click this link for preliminary letter.

But, I repeat, READ THE FAQs. because it's most important that you understand what you are doing.

You will be taking a major financial institution with unlimited funds and a large legal department to court.

But be not afeared, moi lass. If you follow the well-tried and tested procedures on this site you WILL WIN.

Congratulations on the impending family increase. Hope everything goes well.

And, when you've got your bank charges back, the baby can have a new bonnet.:)

Good luck with your claim. (You won't need luck, but I'll say it anyway) :)

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

hi there, thanks so much for such a speedy response! ive been trying for coming up 2 hours to load some of teh pages like the step by step guide and all i get is cant find server, this computer is a nightmare! will get another if im successful with this, lol :p

anyway thanks for the reply, ill do just what you said, its great to know theres ppl here for help support and advice, fab site altogether! thanks again, helen :)

Welcome.

Take your pick from these successful claims:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-fd-hfc-successes/

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Good luck

Finally please heed the words of warning here and make sure it doesn’t happen to you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/announcement-center-bankfodder-very-sick.html

Helen, whenever you get white-screened on this site, it's almost certainly due to a high level of traffic on the server.

Just leave it a few minutes and try again. You'll eventually get in.

Certain times of the day are busier than others.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Thanks for this brilliant site, without it i wouldnt even be considering going down this route with the bank.

Im just about ready to send of my first letter, just need to double check some charges with online banking, but im at £1,300 so far.

I do have one big question though. I had to take out a loan with HSBC as i had gone over £1,000 overdrawn, but as they had added so many charges it got even more out of hand and in the end i borrowed about £2,000 for this. Do you recommend i ask for some of this loan back also? Obvioulsy im now paying monthly interest on this loan that wouldnt be as large if not for these charges. I want to ask this before i do anything as i dont want to mess it all up.

Thanks for your help guys, wish me luck!!! ;)

Helen x

I think what you can do, although read through all the threads on this, is argue that if they hadn't charged you you wouldn't have had to take the loan out, so you could get the interest back on the loan, but not the loan itself as they'll refund the charges, and if they refunded the loan they'd in effect be giving you the money back twice. You'll need to work out how much of the loan was made up of charges, and then calculate the interest accordingly. Hope that makes sense, and good luck!

help! i cant find the template spreadsheet to put all my charges on? i have them all worked out but im not sure what to do with the numbers. shall i just make a spreadsheet with columns for date, penalty type and amount?

then its all ready to post... yay!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html. This is the spreadsheet template. Well it is on that page to download. Put your charges in there and the spreadsheet with work it all out for you. What I did is after the figures were in, it works out how many days since you were charged and works out the 8% interes as well, was after you save it, delete the DAYS SINCE OFFENCE and 8% collumn, and save is as a different name. Send the one with deleted columns with your prelim. Hope I didnt comlicate things.

well thats my letter and spreadsheet sent off today first class recorded delivery!! so they should get that monday and hope to hear soon. do we give them 14 days to reply at this stage? then its onto letter before action? i hope i have that right.

hope everyones getting on well :-) hope to have good news soon!!

quick question, since posting my letter i have been charged £30 today for them returing a dd for council tax. how do i go about adding that £30 onto my claim now its been sent? we are in the process of moving to a new bank so shouldnt happen too many more times... i wouldnt think lol

omg. well i have sent my prelim letter to hsbc last friday asking for my charges 5 years back. it came to £1,502. there time is up on friday and as yet i have not heard anything. (it IS 14 days, isnt it?) anyways, today i have checked my account which has no overdraft limit, and i am £291.00 overdrawn, all but £40 of this is charges all added on since i sent my letter. I have one card misuse at £10, a total charges, and 2 returned standing order fee's. normally they wouldnt charge as much as this is one go on my account, do you think they are being so nasty because they have recieved my claim?

another thing i wanted to ask, was do i simply add these charges onto my claim when i send them my LBA? I have oppened my parachute account, but am moving all income and DD's to the other anyway as im so angry and upset with HSBC.

Im sorry this is so long, thanks for taking the time to read it though, i really felt awful when i checked my account and felt i needed some help.

thanks again, helen

hi there a1deano, the letters are in the templates part of the site, the first step is to read as much of the site as u can so you know what you are doing, then send a letter to your bank asking for your statements so you can work the total amount you are owed. hth

Hi a1deano

I suggest you take your time to read through the FAQ's at the top of the page - that will give you all of the answers that you need. There's step by step guides in there as well.

Also when you are ready, start your own thread so everyone can follow your progress and advise you if you have any other queries.

Good luck.

Dani

the bank rang me this morning saying i was in arrears on my managed loan. ive not had a problem with ANY payment for the past 3 years at LEAST!! and even then it was only a few days late. anyway i said no im not in arrears and she said oh no, so your not. i'll make sure these calls stop :confused: it was the first call and it was non sense, ive never had that before, can anyone shed any light?? how weird is that!!!

by the way, at stage two of claim, waiting for responce from prelim