• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFC bank PPI offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm in need of help before i respond to HFC,

I took out a £2000 loan in 2002 and stopped making payments in 2004 as everytime i was late paying back they charged me between £40 to £50

after calculating all the late payments they kept charging me and I kept paying

I was well over the amount of the loan I had initially taken out at 26% APR.

Finally i decided to stop paying altogether.

They have tried to collect the money through debt collection agencies who I have ignored since then,

although occassionally i receive threatening letters from different debt collection agencies whom I assume they sold/sell my debt to.

In August i realised HFC had charged me PPI when i took out a loan and wrote to them requesting repayment for the PPi.

They have now responded (a few days short of 16wks) to let me know they are willing to make an offer for £500,

however if accepted this payment will be going to cover the remaining balance of the loan i stopped paying in 2004 (arrears - £1500).

Not sure what to do,

I would have preferred to pay off the loan in installments to the debt company as i am really struggling financially and the repayment will be a great help.

I feel they should pay me the £500, they wrongfully charged me,

not to mention i was stupid enough not to request a refund of the extortionate late charges last year.

Any advice will be appreciated as to how i deal with this.

thanks inadvance for all advice

hi

Thanks for responding,

I came across the agreement which they sent in 2002

although its not signed by myself,

unfortunately i threw away statements they sent me after i made a decision to stop paying them

after several phone calls asking them to reduce the charges each time which they refused to do

and were always extremely rude

thats when i stopped paying in 2004 because i figured with all the late charges i would have finished paying the loan already

but i was constantly paying interest and charges.

Unfortunately i don't think i would be able to reclaim the charges after the courts ruled in favour of the banks .....

unless there is some loop hole ?..

. How should i respond to the current offer of payment which they will put towards the outstanding loan....

thanks again

oh!!!!!!!!!

my fav subject........

the bank ruling has NOTHING to do with LOANS!

have you got all the statements?

if not SAR HFC

you are in for a SERIOUS windfall

and that will blow HFC out the water...bang

lookout HFC incoming!!!!!!!!

you are prob owed £1000's!!

and as for the stupid £500 PPI offer ...stick it HFC

get that SAR off

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

You need to check that the offer is correct first.

Also you can reclaim those charges plus interest. This is a loan account. The Supreme Court ruling related to current accounts.

Can you post up the agreement as a PDF file (MINUS ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION)

ims

dx and ims

Yipeee, thats the best news I've heard all year,

I will certainly be sending HFC the SAR letter,

I'm not sure how to upload the agreement as i don't have a scanner but will upload tomorrow.

I can't believe the cheek of HFC, after all the charges they put on my loan (which I can still reclaim) they had the cheek to offer me £500 with one hand and take it away with the other,

i will certainly be claiming all the charges now..

.I guess i shouldn't be too happy yet incase they find another way of getting out of it.

On another note, dx i know you said HFC should stick their £500, I truely wish I could tell them to do that but I am in so much financial trouble the £500 would have been a great help..

.do you reckon there is a way i can still get that and propose to pay off the remainder of the load in instalments?..

Also, not meaning to be cheeky but i am having issues with Quickquid and payday express,

do you know any sites that give advice on dealing with loan sharks,

they have refused to accept offers i have made to pay back loans

i have been borrowing for at least 2 years where i have never failed to make a payment untill a couple of months ago when i lost my job.

They keep putting up interest every month and one account is over £1000 due to interest as they say they will continue to do this till i pay the full amount

even though i explained my situation at the time and offered an amount.

sorry to add this on as well but your epertise in any of these areas will be greatly appreciated

twinkle

dx and ims

Yipeee, thats the best news I've heard all year,

I will certainly be sending HFC the SAR letter,

I'm not sure how to upload the agreement as i don't have a scanner but will upload tomorrow.

I can't believe the cheek of HFC, after all the charges they put on my loan (which I can still reclaim) they had the cheek to offer me £500 with one hand and take it away with the other,

i will certainly be claiming all the charges now..

.I guess i shouldn't be too happy yet incase they find another way of getting out of it.

On another note, dx i know you said HFC should stick their £500,

I truely wish I could tell them to do that but I am in so much financial trouble the £500 would have been a great help...

do you reckon there is a way i can still get that and propose to pay off the remainder of the load in instalments?..

Also, not meaning to be cheeky but i am having issues with Quickquid and payday express, do you know any sites that give advice on dealing with loan sharks,

they have refused to accept offers i have made to pay back loans i have been borrowing for at least 2 years where i have never failed to make a payment untill a couple of months ago when i lost my job. They keep putting up interest every month and one account is over £1000 due to interest as they say they will continue to do this till i pay the full amount even though i explained my situation at the time and offered an amount.

sorry to add this on as well but your epertise in any of these areas will be greatly appreciated

twinkle

I have decide to return the PPI offer letter crossingn out the part they put in about me agreeing the money offered

will pay back the loan (well some ofit anyway) and write letting them know i amin financial hardship

but am willing to pay of the remainder of the loan at an agreeable sum each month.

Do you think this is a wise move?.

I will state the account mentioned above for legalities sake.

let me know if this could be a good idea or maybe just sign and return the paper work

and not receive any money as it will go to the outstanding amount.

i will send them an SAR next week for the charges they put on my account though.

thanks heaps for your advice

twinkles

dont do anything like that yet

simply write informing them that you do not believe

the PPI refund to be correct

and that following FOS advice you will shortly be sending HFC an SAR

to attain all the evidence needed to carry out a proper reclaim

inline with the FOS guidelines.

say NOTHING ELSE

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

I wil certainly be follwing your advice and will update you with HFC's response. Your advice sounds more professional and no beating about the bush, whereas my idea was just going to lead me onto a cat and mouse game.

Thank you

twinkles

no problem

just know how to deal with them after many many successes

NEVER EVER give them any room to wriggle & always

prove that you know what you are going on about

they were fined £1.8M for mis-selling compulsory PPI systematically to 100,000's of people

and they are VERY FIRMLY under the FOS radar at present as they are back to wriggling and short changing people at every turn again.

dx

and they