• Tweets

• Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • Good evening folks, i have my hearing tomorrow at 3pm. I have never been to court for a civil matter, what is likely to happen  and what do i need to do?  I plan on going straight from work, i finish at 2pm, it will take about half an hour to get there, does that sound ok? I called the court late this afternoon, sadly i was too late in the day and the office was closed.  
    • This is kind of related but does anyone know since I have this ban from entering UAE because of my loan, can I visit Qatar? 
    • Thank you for that i thought id just ask as i was unsure.  Just hope its returned to me and doesnt spend the rest of its life going back and forth to Singapore  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Equidebt posting incorrect default date

paul_ig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first post.

I have checked my credit file beginning of August and found that Equidebt had registered a default against me for a debt that went back most probably at least 8 years. Equidebt has registered the default in November 2007 yet I know if this is one of the debts from my ex wife the last payment would have been in 2004. I have sent them a CCA request, a formal complaint, a letter of pre action and I have also requested details of the original default date and last transaction. I request these some eight weeks ago, and then again on at the end of September. I have also contacted CRA to ask them to validate the last activity on the original debt and also the date of the original default notice.

Since the letters, Equidebt have stop reproting, but have not removed the default.

I am more than happy to take Equidebt to court however their lack of response is ridiculous. What I also want to know is Equidebt have the default down as 6001 yet the amount owed according to the CRA is 6000, is this enough of a discrepency to ask the CRA to prove the date of payment?

Can someone help.

You would need to d a Subject Access Request

to get all the data from the company, there is

a statutory charge of £10.00 and they have 40

days to reply, there is a template letter in the CAG

library amend it to suit your case.

You can get the CRA to put a notice of dispute

on your file, also you need to check all e main

angencies as data may differ.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This extension to a debt by means of the DCA's being down right dishonest with default dates is nothing new. I would, as suggested SAR the OC to establish the correct default date then send copies to both the CRA's and the DCA.

This constantly happens and yet the Brig will tell you its unheard of.

You should be aware the CRA cannot prove or

disprove the date of the payment you refer to,

the creditor/DCA supplies the information to

thr reference agency and the CRA cannot check

or contact any party to prove the data, you must

take the matter up with the cpmpany that made thre

entry the best route is through a DCs Compliance Department

as a Formal Complaint.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks for the replies. I ave sent a SAR to them, I also asked for the data under the CCA. I rasied a formal complaint, and as this pertains to a bank credit card, I metioned, banking act, FOS guidelines as well as the relevant case law.

These bar stewards have stopped adding information to my file but have not removed the default. I wonder if there is any way I can make them give me the information in order to take them to court, i.e. apply for a court order or is there a letter I can send asking for full disclosure.

This is the only thing sat on my file which is really annoying.

The situation seems to me that all

is needed is for the default date to

be corrected, is the debt stat barred

if the date is correct?? If not when it

is corrected it will remain of the balance

of the six year period, errors like this

do not justify the removal.

Yes the det would have run its course if the original default date was entered onto the CRA database. I have asked the CRA to validate this data, and raise it as a dispute. I have prescribed that they have a duty of care to ensure the data they are publicising is correct. I thought rather than go down the consumer route, I have played it down the duty of care, and detrimental to my career route.

I am not running away from anything here, in fact this debt was disputed as far back as 2003, when my ex wife, god love her, ran the card to its hilt, without my knowledge. Hence the reason she is an ex now. This debt then came out of the wood work five years later in 2008, I asked then for them to prove it, and everything went quiet. I went for some security screening this year and this popped up again and as soon as I sent a letter asking why this default had be retro placed on my record, I have had the lovely letters from the nice people at Equidebt demanding money, flesh, blood and obviously if I don't pay I end up with eternal damnation.

If the default is genuinely unfair then the FOS can order the creditor to remove it. Complain to the FOS.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

• 3 weeks later...

So I now have recieved a reply after notifying this bunch of scumbags that I am taking them to court. Funny enough, they have attached an letter that they alleged to have sent me on the 29th September.

They say they do not have to adhere to FOS guidelines, they want 2.50 for each statement.

But wait this is the best piece, the letter is a microsoft file and it was created on the 5th October. I wonder whether there is now a possible criminal element I could go after. I am going to forward this to the OFT, but how can I nail these people.

Answers on a postcard and go back in time and post it.

Hi Paul I'm into paperwork for the neaxt hour

and of course will help asap.

Brig.

Hi Paul can you please post up a copy of the letter

you have received please and if you have a copy

of the CRA files showing the deafult dates etc. I

will put something together for you.

Brig.

A couple of points need to be clarified:

1. When was the last payment or acknowledgment

made.

2. What is the exact wording of the FOS ruling.

Reading back as far as I can see the debt

is statute barred if the last payment can

be verified, and the default entry showing

is manifestly unfair.

Brig.

Heres the letter, interestingly enough the letter was last saved by thier compliance officer on the 15th November, 1 day before sending it to me. An act of perjury me thinks. I now want to go for the jugular, want to take them straight to court, the last time I believe this debt was serviced, if it was, is probably 2004.

The default reads November 2007 6857, amount owed 6856

We confirm receipt of your email dated 23rd September 2011, the contents have been noted. Having undertaken a review of this matter, we should like to respond to your comments as follows:

We have no record of receiving a request from you concerning a copy of the original agreement relating this account and therefore consider some of the comments that you have made to be inaccurate and irrelevant.

We are also unable to confirm receipt of any email from you on 18th August 2011 or subsequent Subject Access Request and we would be grateful if you could confirm which email address this was sent to?

We are not in a position to manage your correspondence as a regulated complaint, as defined by FSA guidelines. However, we will continue to investigate the areas of dissatisfaction to which your comments relate.

We have referred this matter to our vendor in order to obtain a copy of the agreement that you have requested. We have placed your account on a ‘hold’ whilst we continue to await a response to this. We must advise that should you require statements relating to this account, a charge of £2.50 PER STATEMENT is payable prior to order. Should your require these documents, please contact us with immediate effect at the following address:

Please note that the timescales to which you have previously referred are only applicable to the original creditor, which in this instance, is not ourselves.

We trust that this should clarify matters.

Yours sincerely

Another load of bowlocks the times scales

on a CCA or SAR are in force OC or not:madgrin:

So I want to take a trip to the county court, what forms, and what claim should I make if I include this latest information. I guess this is now more than a damages case, so its more than a money claim.

It's still damages I think with monetary restitution

for the stress and embarassment I think.

brig.