Laptop repair problem

Bazza66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I really hope someone can help with this.

Last year (approx Sept/Oct) the Blu-ray player on my laptop became faulty. Since it was under warranty Samsung got hold of a company to contact me and arrange collection and repair of my laptop. The came and it was returned a week or so later. Great I thought except the Blu-ray drive was replaced by an inferior drive (only a DVD writer).

After several weeks/months with the repair company - Digicare - who kept replying to my emails that the manager will call me back. He never did. I escalated this to Samsung who said they would be in touch.

Unfortunately I was ill at the start of this year and recently ended up having a major operation so you can imagine the laptop was the last thing on my mind. I have now contacted Samsung to have been very good and contacted Digicare on my behalf. Digicare are now saying that due to the length of time since the repair they will no longer correct the original problem. The Samsung person did explain to them that I have been ill, etc for best part of this year but Digicare will say it's been too long since repair. The Samsung person has left me with contact details at Digicare and says probably best you call them.

Now my question is can they do this? I understand there has been a fair amount of time since the original repair but my circumstances have been not normal. Surely they must still honour the replacement of the original part?

Any help would be gratefully received since I do not want to talk to them unless I have some legal speak to back up my arguments. My gut feeling is that there is no determined time that a resolution should be completed to be deemed as no longer a dispute.

Thanks in advance

Barry

Many thanks for the speedy reply.

Having briefly scanned the SOGA it certainly looks like they do not have a leg to stand on. I will print that off later and try and digest some of it.

I am right in thinking that keep everything in writing?

Thanks again

Barry

PS Yes I am feeling a lot better - very kind of you to ask.

Hi Baz

I would, everything in writing, send any letters Recorded. If you need to take matters further, you've got a Record of the communications that have taken place.

Many thanks for the speedy reply.

Having briefly scanned the SOGA it certainly looks like they do not have a leg to stand on. I will print that off later and try and digest some of it.

I am right in thinking that keep everything in writing?

Thanks again

Barry

PS Yes I am feeling a lot better - very kind of you to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

So 10 days later after a recorded delivery letter they have not responded. They are obviously just ignoring the "problem".

So where do I go next? My initial letter was polite and just requested that they replace the part (well another company to do the work and invoice them - don't want them getting hold of my laptop during a "dispute") under the SOGA. So nothing major.

Do I write as a formal complaint? If so where can I take the matter higher after that?

Thanks in advance

Barry

If this isn't sorted, you can always take them to court. Have you contacted Samsung again? Maybe they'll be able to offer some assistance if you go high enough ([email protected] is the email for Andy Griffiths, Samsung UKs Vice President). If you give Samsung the details, and ask them to organize the DVD writer getting switched for a Blu Ray drive through a different company, maybe you can cut out Digicare completely.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar