Debt and Revenue Services Liverpool - Advice Needed - £1k for a letter?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Several years ago I was taken to court over non-payment of rent, as well as some other charges which were concocted and added to the case. Trying to defend myself as best I could, I proved able to show I had paid the rent amounts in question, I was however unable to provide proof of the concocted additions to the bill. (It is not the case in a civil court that an individual is innocent until proven guilty, it seems more like whether on balance guilt is probable. I'm not a solicitor and failed to defend myself in some regards.) So I ended up with a CCJ, just for the concocted additions, for which I'm making payments, every month.

I am not disputing the CCJ, although I'm bitter about how the court case was handled, I have been paying the bill every month on time. In a couple of months the court amount will be paid off.

But here's the problem. Three days before the court hearing, I received a letter (hand delivered) through my door, referring to bailiffs, and stating that I owed £1000 (one thousand pounds UK sterling) for their attendance at my property. I did not speak to anyone in person, and disregarded the letter, throwing it away.

I have spoken to DRS regarding my account. The balance of the account not only includes the CCJ, but the £1000 charge. Given that I've repaid almost £2500 in concocted charges, I'm in no hurry to donate another £1k to DRS' cause.

I can easily see how, if I simply stop paying when the CCJ amount is satisfied, DRS would drag up another court case, adding another bunch of concocted nonsense, and that my credit rating will be decimated for another five years. Perhaps it alreday has been, permanently. How is it possible to ever end this? Will there just be another letter in a couple of months detailing how I now owe £10, or £20, or £1 million? Can I lend my neighbour a lawnmower and post a letter through their door claiming £1000 now? Is that how it works?

If any legal staff are reading this, I would quite happily discuss the matter with them. I want no contact or dealings with DRS.

Thank you for your time.

I've decided to publish the address of DRS as the company name is ambiguous and do not want to sully the names of any other agencies.

DRS (manager Steven Murray)

1st Floor

Moorgate Point

Moorgate Road

Knowsley Industrial Park

Liverpool

L33 7XW

0151 5451500

Drs are commercial credit management (same number) and I don't think they are bailiffs, think they are a dca. Not sure that your rent agreement will have allowed for 1k of charges, but I think your issue would be if that amount was included in the CCJ. Sure a couple of experts will shed some light!

Thanks so much for your reply, much appreciated.

That's quite correct, DRS and CCM are one in the same, and are a DCA, and the £1k well, "flyer", more than anything, was from another entity identifying themselves as a bailiff. Yet this amount has wound its way onto our account with DRS/CCM. It has not been included in the CCJ, it has been added onto our account.

I'm just being told by all concerned that DRS/CCM don't have a leg to stand on, but you see the anxiety for me spans from DRS, and my landlord, never having had a leg to stand on in the first place.

If the £1k wasn't included in the original judgement then you are under no obligation to pay it. I can understand why you feel that you might have to do so to avoid another court experience but that is absolutely no reason to make payment.You need to check the what was included in the CCJ. Do you have a copy of it? If not you can obtain it from http://www.registrytrust.co.uk.You mentioned that the 'flyer' was posted through your letterbox 3 days before the court hearing. Given that a bailiff can only get involved after judgement has been granted the person calling wasn't a bailiff (and in any event CCJs are enforced by county court bailiffs).

Thanks Seminole, that's very useful advice. I tried browsing www dot registrytrust dot co dot uk but there seems to be a problem with the site. I have written to the court to obtain a copy, I'll chase that again today.

("To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 2 posts.")