Double default for same debt, both incorrect date - Help!

cj2300
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Please bear with me I am new to this forum and am not up to date with all the lingo and abbreviations!

I entered into an IVA on 10th Oct 2005, completed in November 2007 due to full and final payment.

My 6 year reporting period on my IVA and most of the credit acounts associated has just passed and so as of last month they no longer appear on my credit report.

Excited to see this reflected in my score I signed up online to view my credit reports only to find two default entries both relating to an account with Choice home shopping which was part of the IVA.

The first is listed as Home Shopping direct, only it says that the default date is Dec 2006 which means it will stay on my report for another 14 months. In addition there is another default from International Collections, which from my paperwork also is for the Choice account.

I understand that at some point in 2007 the debt was sold by home shopping direct to International Collections, although the letter I received stated it was Frederickson International. The date on this default is June 2007 meaning it will stay on file until June 2013.

What can I do to get this amended? I think that because this account was subject to the IVA the latest date of the default should be Oct 2005 the same as commencement of the IVA - is this correct? Also surely I should not have 2 defaults for the same account?

Any help would be great :)

HI & Welcome,

You must complain to the company that

has placed the default entry and copy in

thr CRAs on this layout all the occurences

and send the complaint (s) to the Compliance

Managers (s)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: