Writing to Gary Perryment - A Happy Ending!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently had to write to Gary Perryment in relation to a claim for accidental damage on my DSLR camera, and wanted to share with you what my result was, and that it is not always as much trouble as many other threads state (hopefully it will ease some worrying minds!).

I had been paying for Whatever Happens monthly for about 3 years, when my DSLR was accidently damaged when I fell in a lake with the camera, and it would no longer turn on. I took the camera to my local Currys store and they said it would be sent away for repair. After about 2 weeks, the store called and said my camera was returned unrepaired, and had a letter with it that I should collect. I went to the store and was told that the camera wasn't fixed, but passed on to the claims investigation team, and I would have to appeal by writing to Mr. Perryment. I was also given a certificate from "DKAVS" (the company that fix cameras for Dixons stores I assume) stating that it had been left unrepaired due to "unexplained water damage". At this point I was worried I might not win this claim and have lost both my camera and all the money I had spent on the Whatever Happens cover. I knew the policy covered accidents and water damage, and was confused as to why they hadn't fixed/replaced it for me as promised. Reading various forums made this even worse as so many people said they had failed to get their products replaced after writing their appeal letters.

Nethertheless, I wrote a letter to Gary Perryment explaining what had happened, covering all details to ensure there were no areas they could possibly argue with to decline my claim. I gave them 14 day to reply, and threatened to take further action if I did not hear back. After 14 WORKING days, I recieved a letter back from DSGi. Having spent £400 on my original camera, they had sent me a voucher to replace it, worth £650!!! Im not sure why they gave me such a high priced voucher, as there was an equivalent spec for £400 in store. I went to my local Currys and picked up my brand new camera without any issues.

Of course everyone has a different situation, and all cases will be different. The purpose of this post is to show that not all claims that are rejected are difficult to get sorted, sometimes they just need a little more information so they can get their facts straight and make a more informed decision.

I hope this eases some minds for people that are having to write to Mr Perryment, I will be happy to put up the letter I wrote if people want a better idea of what information to include :)

Hi be

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

If you could put up your letter that would be useful, but remove names and ref. numbers.

Far from 'easing any worries', you have just confirmed that you have to jump through hoops for them to honour their insurance warranties.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just read your post regarding your letter to Gary Perryment for your camera claim.

I am in a similar situation with our Samsung TV and would really appreciate a copy of the letter that you send to him as i am totally blank as to what to say to him that i havent already made clear to the whatever happens team.

Many Thanks