Motormile and co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 9 year ago hubby and I went HP for a car and since he was working and able to make payments we went ahead. Unfortunately hubby lost his job on health grounds and we found it hard to make re-payments. The car was re-possessed fromour home address. The debt was eventually passed from British Credit Trust to Gothia ltd but when it went to court the debt was dismissed which meant we were not liable to pay anything. Apparently the car had been used illegally after leaving our possession. Bearing in mind this all happened about 9 years ago we recently received a letter from motormile finance giving us notice of legal assignmentof this debt to motormile finance uk from original creditor BCT. I emailed neil petty and explained the whole matter but he is now insistent that we make payment of £100 per month.

We have been in touch with DVLA who confirmed that hubby hasn't been the registered keeper for a long time.

I have read other posts about this neil petty and now wonder where we actually stand with this debt. Since the court has already dismissed this case are we actually liable for it now?

My husband has a lot of medical problems and this matter is now causing far more anxiety than he needs. Any advice would be greatfully received.

Sorry to have dragged this on but my blood is now boiling as it seems we are in the process of being conned..

Yes, if the court case was dismissed then that is that and they cannot pursue you. The only option is for them to apply for those old court proceedings to be reinstated - and they would have no chance. It is important, however, to make sure the claim was actually dismissed and not, for example, struck out. Do you have a copy of the relevant court order?

Thank you for replying. As this debt occured about 9 years ago we do not now have any papers relating to this. We have moved a few times since too. I am aware that we had paid almost, if not half, of the full credit amount so not sure if this actually goes in our favour anyway.

In fact I am now thinking that its been longer than the 9 years I originally quoted as we went on holiday not long after getting the car and my youngest was about 6 then and she is now 17. We have had no contact from anyone for about 7 years now in regards to this.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Nish. I just keep getting the same advice and have been in touch with OFT and have received more from them so gets what s going to happen? Yup Motormile can shove it. We know it was dismissed and we have been told its upto them to prove otherwise. It's no longer worrying us as we know we are in the right. Thanks again for replying :-D