Wot next! Halifax wants £5 per statement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Just send the data protection act letter with a cheque for £10.It is important that you read the FAQ's and get used to the system that is applied and that you stick to your timetable.If the banks detect that you don't know what your doing they play and mess you around.Its done this way so that it would stand up in a court of law,It aint broken so lets not try fix it.Read more threads and get used to it, before you embark on your journey.Regards Nigel

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

hi

I am a bank of scotland customer currently trying to claim back charges. I sent data protection letter along with £10 and asked for statements dating back to 2000. However, I was only sent from 2004 but have not been asked to pay any extra. What should I do now?

In July sent data protection letter to halifax. Had a letter in August saying the statements had been ordered but still not recieved them...its now 25th september. The letter has no contact phone number. The call centre has said they have no recrd of this and cant put me in touch with anyone to deal with it..they will send an email which will be dealt with within 10 working days!!!! What should I do next...It is so stressful dealing with a faceless and phone unfriendly company. ADvice please

Did you send your letter recorded or registered to see if the letter actually got there.You can either ring them again or send the letter about the information commissioners in the banking templates.All the info is in FAQ's if you read it.regards nigel

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

They have cashed the cheque and by sending me a reply,they are acknowledging that they have received it. So where do I go from here? Its now 2 months since I sent letter, maybe they think they have got away with it?? No chance, will hound them till I get whats owing me. perhaps a visit to the branch will work. I sent letter by recorded delivery too. Anybody else had problems like this??

Would appreciate further advice.....Thanks Nigel for help so far...annie

Hi there,

I requested my statements for last 6 years from Halifax back in August. They charged me £5 for the whole lot, so am a bit confused as to why they have charged you that. Hopefully the Data Protection Letter with the £10 cheque should eliminate you having to pay so much.

Good luck and keep trying.

Regards.

Skeeloj

:) Hi, I am doing my friends account and he is with the Halifax. He went to a branch (not where he opened the account) they wanted £7.50 per statement. He asked the branch where he opened it and they've let him have them all for a fiver!!

The two branches were Nottingham and Crewe.

hi! I have sent halifax a data protection act subject request 2 weeks ago . Had a reply apologises for this upset and that they have passed this information on. The next letter received states that as per new terms and conditions, they charge £5 for the first 5 copies of statement and £5 each there after, with a maximum charge of £100.

They also state that they are under no obligation to gather information relating to manual intervention of the account according to HBOS plc :confused: :confused:

Please could someone advise, not sure if im going to pursue this futher

thankyou

Grimes