• Tweets

• They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Comet service/products are a disgrace ***********Resolved****** *******

redegan82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

i bought a tv from comet 11 months ago but after 6 months of owning it half the picture went

comet engineer came out and said its a screen fault and needs to be repaired and needs to order parts

after a week he was supposed to come back but rang up that day saying could not get the parts and will be back in touch after another week

got a letter through the post saying to return the tv to store and get another

by the way this is a 50" Samsung tv but i managed to get a mate to give me a hand with it and got it back to the store

but i told them i wanted a different model tv so i chose a 51" 3d Samsung which cost me £105 on top

but thought its better to get an up to date tv as should be more reliable but i was wrong this

1 started getting black lines down it from top to bottom and only had it 5 months

with this being my 2nd tv in 11 months both Samsung and both screen faults all i wanted to do was get a refund and buy a different make

but said have to get an engineer out to check it over

who came out on the 24th oct and said would be in contact to get it picked up

i told him i didn't want it fixing i wanted a refund

he said its comets policy to repair before refunding

i was extremely unhappy about this

i sent a letter to head office which i will put below

but that did no good

they said would pick it up today the 30/10/2011 which they have done

told me it will take up to 28 days to fix

i have 2 kids i am really unhappy about how their products can go faulty so easy

but its so hard to return

they should not be allowed to get away with this

i know my rights but don't think they do !!!!!

my letter

FAO Complaints Manager (URGENT)

Comet Group Plc

Criterion House

George Street

Hull

HU1 3AU

26/10/2011

Dear Sirs

SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979 – FAULTY GOODS COMPLAINT

On the 18/05/2011 I bought a Samsung PS51D6900 3D Plasma TV from Comet in Huddersfield for £944.90.

This was a replacement TV for the Samsung 50” plasma that I had previously bought which went faulty within 6 months of purchase.

Both of these TV’s have screen faults.

The present TV is only 5 months old and I think it is totally unacceptable that 2 TV’s in the space of 11 months,

bought with what I would class as a reputable brand (Samsung), have both developed a screen fault.

The problem with the newest TV is that there are constantly 2 vertical black lines running down the right hand side of the TV from top to bottom.

I’ve now spoken to customer services on numerous occasions and they have carried out all the necessary tests to try to fix the fault, but all, to no avail.

Customer services then organised for a Comet engineer to come out to look at the TV on the 24th October, 2011.

Within 2 minutes of starting his inspection he confirmed that the issue was due to a screen fault.

I had already told customer services this previously, however they insisted on sending out an engineer as it was company policy.

Comet called me today to advise that the TV will be collected from my house on Sunday 30th October and it could take up to 2 weeks to repair.

I am extremely unhappy about being without a TV for that amount of time when I have spent good money on what I believed to be reputable brand.

I have spent thousands of pounds in the Huddersfield store over the years as live directly opposite.

I think this service is just wholly unacceptable.

I would like you to take this TV away and deliver me a replacement.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 states that when a consumer buys goods from a retailer they must be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

Currently neither of the TV’s supplied by Comet fit that remit.

This same legislation also states that the Seller not the Manufacturer is legally obliged to handle the issues at hand, if the goods do not meet these requirements.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 also says that if goods break within the first 6 Months after purchase then there is a presumption the goods were faulty when sold.

The goods purchased are not of satisfactory quality and are certainly not durable or fit for purpose.

On that basis and seeing I have already had to replace once, by way of upgrade, the first TV I bought,

I would like you to remove the current faulty TV and provide me with a replacement TV,

I do not want to the replacement to be another Samsung.

If you are unable to offer me a replacement TV then I would like to enforce my rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and I demand full refund of the cost of the goods.

I think after all the inconvenience that I have endured, involving numerous phone calls, moving the TV and taking unpaid leave from work,

that you owe me every courteously to get this issue resolved speedily.

I look forward to receiving a response within 7 days from receipt of this letter.

thanx mate ill do that im so frustrated had to take the tv off the wall in bedroom and bring that down as cant do without a tv comet are an absolute joke im ready to contact local paper and social network sites and even watchdog but dont know where i stand all i know is that they should not be allowed to sell products that only last 6 months if that

If you want to you can write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such, explain whats happened, explain that you've been let down twice, that you've got

kids, thats the only reason you bought the TV in the first place. Tell him that the SOGA is UK legislation and takes priority over what the company believes

they have the right to do. Tell him what you want them to do. Send it to:

Bob Darke, Managing Director

[email protected]

Some tips - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

You have nothing to lose, if they've already collected the product, then the Refund should in theory be easy to arrange. When you write to him, ask him how he would feel being let down not once, but twice?

Thanx rebel they have my tv now they picked it up today so will this help sending him an email i really just want a refund and purchase elsewhere but i am stuck

below is what i am gonna send shall i add anything else thanx

Dear Mr. Darke

I am extremely unhappy that I am now without a tv. I have kids and they are unhappy too as comet have today collected my tv. This is my second tv in 11 months, how would you feel if this happened to you not once but twice. The letter I sent to Customer Services seems to be ignored, as I dont think customer services realise how distressed I am over this matter. I want a full refund or a new tv from comet but not Samsung. I am not happy that they could have this tv in workshop for up to 28 days. I am at the point of going to the papers and even watchdog. I have had to make numerous phone calls and take days off work I would be less concerned if it was my 1st tv, but it's my second tv in 11 months. This is ridiculous as I know my rights under the Sales of Goods Act 1979, as this is only 5 months old please can you write this tv off as it's a screen fault and give me a full refund or let me choose another tv or I will be taking this further. I hope you can understand the anger and distress that this matter is causing me. I look forward to your speedy response.

yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxx

He will get the message, so thats fine.:-)

i have already sent the other email to him i should have addressed him as dear mr drake and not hi bill lol but i cant really send him another thanx for your help though i appreciate it

here is a reply i have just recieved

Response (Cara Winstanley) 31/10/2011

Dear Mr xxxxxx

I have sent a copy of your email to my office for them to complete a full investigation into the matter, of which we will endeavour to respond no later than 3 working days. If we are unable to give a complete response within this time we will contact you direct with an update on the situation. In the meantime if you need to discuss anything urgently our contact number is 01482 592442.

Thanks for taking the time to write

Bob Darke

1 of comet's directors just rang saying she is gonna investigate the matter now and get back to me about getting my tv repaired which i told her i did not want that tv back i wanted a different make like lg/sony something more reliable so she said she will ring the service centre to see how bad the fault is and get back to me this is just taling forever it feels like !!!

Good news after 50 odd emails about 10 calls to customer services and 2 letters sent they finally agreed to offer an exchange but not a refund so i have gone for the lg 55lw550t with 3 year cover only problem is now on bbc news it says comet has been sold to Kesa for £2 how does that effect my 3 year warrenty with comet do i need to cancel it now before it starts as cost me £225 or will this cpmpany kesa take on the warrenty thanx for all your help as well its much appreciated.

Well Done Red:-D

Your warranty is uneffected by the sale..

Good news after 50 odd emails about 10 calls to customer services and 2 letters sent they finally agreed to offer an exchange but not a refund so i have gone for the lg 55lw550t with 3 year cover only problem is now on bbc news it says comet has been sold to Kesa for £2 how does that effect my 3 year warrenty with comet do i need to cancel it now before it starts as cost me £225 or will this cpmpany kesa take on the warrenty thanx for all your help as well its much appreciated.