style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

From the beginning (well, not quite). CC debts and overdraft totaling around £20000. Lost job, had a long period of ill health, debts continued to rise. Couldn't pay. Informed all creditors. Then had chance of a new start in Russian Federation. Low pay, but employer provides accommodation. No assets in either country. Informed creditors of move. No reply.

Two years down the line, CCJ from two dca. Applying for them to be set aside as not UK resident. Third dca, IND Ltd (yes, them) have sent a statutory demand to my mother's address, despite knowing that I do not live there.

To be honest, if they did carry through with the threat and made me bankrupt I'd have no major issue, as I'm considering filing for BR anyway and it would be preferable for them to do it.

They seem unaware that I have no assets, so how likely is it that they would go through with it?

Hi,

Firstly in answer to your question, unless they thinkl you own propertythey believe they can seize, they will not make you BR it’s not really in theirinterest.

Do you still live abroad?

Andy

Yes, I still live abroad and unlikely to return for many years/

Yes, I still live abroad and unlikely to return for many years/

Then I would be very temped to write to them, detailing your current address, do this from your country so the stamps and postmarks support your whereabouts.. They can't enforce any judgement, so they won't bother doing anymore. After six years it's statue barred, as you informed them of your current address.

When you return to the uk, if you don't return to a previous address you find yourself with a shiny new credit file anyway.

Andy

Can I use a PO box address?

And I did provide details to the original creditors, who conveniently ignored this.

I would use a real Russian address. They won't waste time or money replying, many DCAs ignore a letter from the UK stating I will be moving abroad (think about it from their point of view, so many people must say that). However, you are actually abroad with no assets in the UK, proving this will result in them hopefully writing the debt off!

Andy