Ishmo186 vs HSBC

ishmo186
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we go just sent my prelim letter to the bank today so going to wait the long awaiting 14 days till LBA letter is sent out, thanks for all the info guys, just crossing my fingers, wish me luck

Ishmo186

--------------------------------

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

MCOL requested - 22/10/06

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers digger help was great ive clicked the scales ill keep you all posted thanks agai

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

Ive read a few posts and most people send there letters recorded delivery, ive sent mine first class to my local bank, would this make a difference or do people send their letter reocrded to get there faster lol.

============================================================

Prelim sent : 23/9/2006

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

How much do you usually get charged as i will have to pay using my hsbc account which will probably make me go over my Over draft limit therefore incurring more charges, are they re claimable? thanks

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

As far as I am aware the amount you are charged for MCOL depends on how much you are claiming back from the bank and you get that back when u win.

wouldnt worry about how you sent your letter. you may want to use RD for your next letter so that HSBC cant pretend they didnt recieve anything. I handed all mine in at branch and asked for a reciept because I didnt want to have to pay postage on the very heavy schedule copies i needed to send lol.

So, its best to get some sort of proof of sending but dont worry about what is already done. stick to your timetable and dont give them an inch!

Good luck

Kaz :D

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

my claim is for £2700 and cost me £120 on MCOL. I think it starts at £30 and goes up depending how much your claim is for. it calculates it all for you when u use mcol. hope that helps.

HSBC

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

got a letter today from bank,how ironic i sent my prelim letter on sat and then got a letter about current account plus and a review of overdraft fees, little do they no i am claimingmy cash bk, not long now, 12 days left to go till LBA letter is sent out, it told everyone at work and there like "no you've got no chance" so slightly bricking myself with the negative feedback ive got at work.

If i win my claim, will HSBC close my account or take away my overdraft facility because even if i win my claim i'll prob still need my overdraft facility, any ideas thanks ishmo!

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

is it easy to change all your direct debits over to another account, because i have got an abbey national account that i could use but not sure how to change everything over, sounds like a bit of a ball ache lol.

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

they dont tend to close your account until u make more than one claim on the same account or a claim for more than one account. So basically, as long as you only sue them once u ought to be ok lol

HSBC

that should be okay, just hope they dont take away my overdraft facility, i may even ask them to increase the overdraft limit to 1500 other than the £500 one i already have then i cant be charged if i go over. still considering in changing bank tho hmm? 11 days left to go and counting nothing heard yet!

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

hey i still havent heard anything from them yet, is this normal as i have been waiting for 7 days now, or am i bein impatient, if i dont here anything from them shud i still keep to my deadline and send the LBA letter on the 14th day? thankss

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

Hi ishmo.

In any case stick to your deadlines. It is HSBCs tactic to make you nervous. In my case, they waited every time to the last minute or ignored deadlines. One day after I filed my MCOL I had a letter offering me only part of my claim, but after the deadline ended. Should that happen to you, see my letter to them in my thread.

NO SURRENDER go and get them!

hey guys well the 14th day is up tommorw so think its time to send the LBA! anybody listen to radio 2 yesterday as they had a debate on there about claiming your money back, and they had this woman from the bank on there saying that the banks are right we are wrong, well she wouldn't be saying that if it happened to her would she, anyway crossing my fingers

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

Yep its a case of being very patient and calm.

They knwo your tiemtable for dealing with this so just stick to it and be as calm and clinical as possible.

You have to remember they will do everythign they can to filter out those claims that they think will be a push over, its the cheaper option for them.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

well i havent heard from them 14 days after the prelim letter so ive sent the LBA letter today, just hope they pay more attention this time!gettin abit nervous now as the money claim is getting closer but also feeling good as i can add on the extra 8% just hope it doesnt get to that stage and they offer to settle early.

Another thing is that i went to the abbey bank yesterday to change everything over, i had an account with them ages ago but due to not using this account for ages it has gone inacive and they are now saying i have to use the abbey account for a while so my credit score goes up or something along those lines. just cross my fingers HSBC don't close my account as revenge )o:

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

Help Help Help, not heard anthing from hsbc yet BUT i checked my account via online banking and ive gone over my overdraft limit, so i had two bills go out today but on my transactions the money has gone out then it says reversal and then the money has gone back into my account??? does this mean that the DD has bounced?? i also have got a £30 charge???what does this mean? have they stopped me paying for these by bouncing them as revenge, please help!

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06

yes it means they have bounced it AND charged you for it. dont worry, u can add this money to your MCOL claim. they've done this to me loads of times.

i had a call from them today saying they were going to put more charges on my account and i simply informed the guy i would start another claim against them in court if they dared to charge me again. (im already at mcol stage). its worth ringing them and letting them know about pending court action so they are better off stopping it as you are already taking action.

HSBC

thanks kazzy, ive not got long till the mcol stage, bit anxious tho as i have to now ring up the people that the direct debits have bounced and explain why cant pay, oh well cant wait till i get all my money back from them, do i send a copy of my spread sheet on the mcol stage to mcol or do you just tell them the round figure?

HSBC

Prelim sent - 23/9/06

LBA sent - 8/10/06