Paul23870 V Abbey (Scotland - need help please)

paul23870
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, have received "ACCOUNT ADJUSTMENT" of £430 into my account on same day shABBEY received my recorded delivery letter (LBA) claiming £720 in charges.

No letter/ e-mail from them at all.

Do I write back and aknowledge this payment and minus it off my claim OR continue with my court case anyway and ignore it (as they haven't informed me what it relates to)??????

Thanks, Paul.

Let the battle commence! Victory is imminent!

Abbey £228 charges refunded- no defence filed in small claims case

Abbey £720 claim. LBA sent. £430 refunded with no letter sent. Claim for full £720 sent to small claims court.

Hi there, I have previousely won a case against Abbey in London by going through my local Sheriff Court here in Airdrie, Scotland but this time I have received the following letter back from the same court (I have missed out the unimportant bits)......

"I return Small Claims Forms 1 and 1b as there are no grounds of jurisdiction that would allow this court to deal with the case. Jurisdiction is normally based on the domicile or place of business of the Defenders.

In cases such as these we suggest that the local branch of the bank be given rather than the head office. However, as you will be aware, there are no branches of Abbey based within the jurisdiction of Airdrie Sheriff Court and therefore I can see no basis for the action being raised at this court.

I enclose fresh Forms 1 and 1b which you may wish to complete giving your nearest Abbey branch address as the Defenders' place of business. Provided reference is made to the grounds of jurisdiction within the statement of claim, this amended Small Claims action can be lodged at the relevant court."

By the way, their statement that there are no branches of Abbey "within the jurisdiction of this court" is incorrect. My local branch is in Cumbernauld which is within the jurisdiction of the court.

I was always under the impression that I can raise a claim against somebody at the court nearest to where I live. I dont want to raise the court action at a court in London due to the distance involved.

Any suggestions here??????

Abbey £720 claim. LBA sent. £430 refunded with no letter sent. Claim for full £720 sent to small claims court.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What's your problem?

You start a thread here, we don't know what it's about, I'm going to assume you have already a thread, maybe more, running. Are WE supposed to go look for it to help YOU?

On top of which, there are currently 266 people online and only 3 mods on and 1 site helper.

Do you really think your attitude is going to make you a priority when we have no idea what you're on about? :rolleyes:

If you need help, please:

a) post a link to your existing thread.

b) in future, keep to that one thread

c) ask nicely and don't expect people to just come running. This is first and foremost a self-help forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

dunno abotu scottish law but do you hav the option of filing online? as they are never likely to let you set foot in a court room the travelling to london for a hearing is unlikely and oyu can petition the judge for reasonable travelling expenses unless they aggree to move the case to a mutually agreed court? just a suggestion

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

BTW do you realise this is a self help site?

If you are posintg in response to your thread about your case in scotland its only been a few hours or so.

People all have their own lives to lead and will usually help if they can.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

It seems fairly straight forward to me - you are trying to use the Scottish Courts to take action against a bank, whose registered office you have listed on the form as being in England.

This falls out of the jurisdiction of the Scottish Court system. You have two options:

a) File the claim at a Scottish Court listing a Scottish branch as the Defendant

b) File the claim in an English Court listing the Registered Office as the Defendant.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks