Interesting repsonse from Barclays

Cerihatton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am now posting under a new name as I am unwilling to divulge to much to Barclays. I had written a letter to Barclays some weeks ago demanding my Charges be returned. (At the time I was unaware this site existed) I had a standard reply indicating response within 28 days. Today I got something I think may be of use to others. In my letter to Barclays I made no indication of the charges I was seeking back, however a letter from Barclays this morning offered me £550 as a full and final settlement, and this is the interesting bit, towards the total amount I am seeking.! I have mentioned no figures so I assume they are well aware of the amount they have [edit] me off over the years and think they can fobme off with 10%. No chance, so now i will send off my request for statements, shall I accept the £550 as partial settlement now? Any advice

Kes

Hi Kes.

You need to get onto the beaten and proven track for your claim to be successful.

You will need an exact figure of your charges so first step would be to get your statements and highlight those charges.

Step 2 (after you highlight charges) i would send the LBA with a schedule of your charges giving Barclays 14 days to comply to your request for a refund.

Would hold on the issue about accepting their initial offer (if memory serves me i think it will say on Barclays offer you have 8 weeks to reply.)

After these 2 steps are completed post a reply here to bring us up to date and we can guide you further.

Argyle.

Story So Far:

Pre letter sent 14th August.

Barclays Reply 18th August.

Barclays Reply 5th Sept.

Lba sent 30th August.

Rejection letter sent 9th Sept.

Barclays reply 13th Sept.

Mcol submitted 15/09/2006.

AQ received 21/10/2006.

AQ returned 23 /10/2006.

Court Date:25/01/07 10.30am

Phoned Barclays 08/01/07 Said they would contact me shortly.

15/01/07 Received letter offering a full settlement however figure was short.

22/01/07 Received telephone call from Barclays asking for a settlement figure.

CLAIM SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!!!

I note reading through Blue skies history the response from barclays was word for word the same as mine all but the figures. In my post it is obvious that Barclays are well aware of how much they will have to eventually pay to me in the event of a succesful claim by myself. I have 8 weeks from today to accept the offer of £550 (ive only sent `1 letter!!!!) and I note that just recently my account is not being ******as it once was, in fact i have had some £30 already refunded! Barclays are by that admitting fault? They know they are doing wrong , it's a damage limitation/protection thing hoping by being nice to me they will roll me over, No chance. I got over £3000 coming back to me im certain of that, thanks for all your support u will earn your 5% of my claim lol. Kes

please do not use libelous words !!