Capital One Credit Card Debt - Fredericksons now on the scene!!

bezzy0_0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i will write to oft has soon has.:-)will post reply has soon has i receive it.

You can email the OFT at [email protected]

The OFT does not normally respond to individual complaints, they just catalogue them and then review when that Companies Consumer Credit Licence comes up for renewal.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I've dealt with these idiots before, whatever you do at this stage do not acknowledge the letter, at the very least you have confirmed your address.

Does the alleged debt mean anything to you, and if so how long ago did you last have communication in writing with the original creditor.

Once the debt hasn't been acknowledged for 6 years you can put an end to it, as it's basically considered unfair to chase a debt after that period.

You'll also notice that their letter say may do this, may do that etc. Chances are they have bought the debt for a few quid, and it's not worth them actually doing anything. How likely they are to do anything depends on how old the debt is.

Once the debt hasn't been acknowledged for 6 years you can put an end to it, as it's basically considered unfair to chase a debt after that period.

Unfair is not in their vocabulary. Technically you are correct, but, depending on the type of debt, this could run for 12 years, you need to clarify your advice as others who may have a debt under seal will read your advice and fall foul of legislation.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sorry Wooks,

What I meant was 'contracts under seal' ie. a mortgage, they have a shelf life of 12 years, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_%28contract_law%29

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Agreed the Council of Mortgage Lenders advise their members

that mortage debt should not be enforeced after 6 years.#BUT

it is only advice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have received email reply back from oft stating the below

We have therefore recorded the details of your complaint, and we will consider this alongside any other complaints we have received with a view to any consumer credit licensing or other action we may decide to take.

If we do take any action against this trader we may need to contact you again in the future.

Unfortunately,

we cannot disclose any details about any action we may take, due to legal restrictions on the OFT relating to disclosure of information.

I suppose that's another a nail in there coffin so to speak along with all the other complaints , every little helps, Lol.

• 1 month later...
recieved this today , is this a standard letter?am i correct in thinking that reds are the next tablle down to lowells , same entity?

redlowells.jpg

yet another 2 letters from next desk along me thinks,

hamptons2ndletter.jpg

this once again has provoked me to report to oft , one report filed for each off , lowells , reds and now hamptons , this has got to look less favourable when renewing there licence time comes around, there so crafty using different trading styles so they can continue with there feeble abuse ,

think i will drop hamptons a letter to pass on to the others that there tactics wont be going unoticed by others :madgrin:

The reason that Lowell get away with this is because each letter states

that Red Hamptons, Lowell. Lowell, Lowell Portfolio 1, are all trading ''styles''

of Lowell Financial.

So the OFT Guidance on useing more than one company is not seen as valid.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

is the 2nd hampton letter sent above worth a response,

as i made it very clear to lowells about the debt that cap one the originator had sent me a reply letter and in writing stated they dont have my original under 2008 cuptr regs ,

i wrote to lowells stating this and also that i was reclaiming back my charges from that card which would write of all exisiting debt anyway ,

havnt got around to that part been busy ,

but the idiots keep pursuing ,

i only respond to serious lettere s when i see them .any advise for me ?

The sooner you get those charges sorted out and a claim put in, the better. Be warned that Capone are defending quite vigorously any charges that are older than 6 years using statute of limitations !! And winning.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have a cap 1 claim a long time now, they offered silly money thru Fos which I ignored, I still sit on it as the claim is in my mind still valid and is near worth the alledged amount they reckon I owe them, as I refused their offer and told them the claim still stands.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 4 years later...

Well time up for this lowlife debt, statue barred tommorow ,been 6 years since last payment made to original ( cap one) 03/03/2011 so 6 yrs old , i had asked for another cca which they ran out of the 12 days to comply with , stated will be with me within 40 days time begin april latest?

Just pondering wether wise to send stat barred letter tommorow by recored delivery or wait untill cca arrive in months time then send ,?

Blimey. It's been a while!

I wouldn't bother contacting them. Even if they do send a compliant agreement, the time to act has long gone so all they can do is ask nicely. Your choice of what to do then. My personal opinion is to ignore them as they can do nothing.

IF they chose to try it on with legal letters, that is the time to send the SB letter.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Last payment +3 months to be on the safe side......dont prod the bear by sending SB letters.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

That is the normal period a creditor would allow to issue a default notice......and if litigated would rely on that as the cause of action (the start of limitations period not your first missed payment)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

Well Finally got a result.

Me 1 lowell 0

Received a reply from lowells from a 2nd cca request which i knew they would not be able to fulfil given time scale involved ,

took good advise on here and waited 3 extra months and the letter received from them states they cannot fulfill my request,

and they state it is indeed statue barred and the account is now closed and now 0.00 balance.

Thankyou guys appreciated, just one more dca to deal with and finally rid of these parasites.