Help needed urgently - please reply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have found myself in a difficult situation and hope someone can help - preferably without judging!

A little over a year ago my hubby and I entered a DMP having accrued unsecured debts totalling £45000 when my husband became seriously unwell.

Things have been going really well and we have now paid off almost £8000. However things have become a bit sticky!

In August we renewed our tax credits and our income increased by about £300 per month, we owed £1000 to my mother in law that I could never have put through DMP - she would never have spoken to us again knowing we were in this debt. So I made the decision not to increase my DMP payments and to pay her off instead which I have now done. Then this month my car has completely broken down which we rely on for my work as well as to ferry about my disabled son ( who does get DLA care but not mobility as he is physically able) he has autism and we sometimes need to leave a situation quickly and would not be able to go on the bus with him in meltdown, my other son also has a sensory

disorder and we need the car!

Anyway, I contacted pay plan who have advised we could get a car on HP and then adjust our payments to our creditors accordingly. Clearly this would be wrong as we know we have enough surplus income to pay HP on a newer car without adjusting our payments but I am scared if I do take HP without informing pay plan and our circumstances change for the worse it could cause us problems. Can anyone please advise me as to how to deal with this - also does anyone know if we could get HP from a main dealer, obviously I want to minimise the number of crept checks on file whilst looking for a car - car craft have approved us but I have seen terrible reviews and the car needs to be mechanically sound as I cannot afford repairs, some of our surplus over the last few months has been swallowed in expensive car repairs which have been a waste as one thing after another goes wrong. Please reply as soon as possible, I feel very stressed by all of this. Thank you!

Edited by shell2011

Sorry, I meant that we renewed our tax credits in July - we went into the DMP when I found myself with the happy surprise of expecting our 3rd child - the boys being 12 and 8 she wasn't really expected x.