Mini Credit - Stressing me out!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm going through the same situation as everyone else here and really have no idea what to do.

I've entered in to a Debt Management program this month and I'm already having serious issues with MiniCredit. I was due to pay back just over £400 a couple of days ago and this balance has already been increased to nearly £600. They say they will refuse to accept any third party involvement i.e Debt Management company (ClearDebt) and nor will they allow any repayment plan to be set up. The lady on the phone stated that the system is automated and will not allow any repayment plan to be setup manually.

I am allowed however to make token payments myself (not via the Debt Management company) on the website. I clearly will not be doing this because they'll have my new bank details and will clear me out. She said that after 3 months is up then they will start legal proceedings through their legal team at Fredericks. Fredericks will NOT accept any repayment plan and will instead take me to court.

I offered £100 a month for the next 6 months (so they make £200 extra) but this was flatly refused. To be honest though if I was to make that payment it would leave me with not enough money for food.

Shall I simply refer them to my DM company? At this rate I can see my £400 debt being raised to well over £2000 during that period.

Surely they can not legally make me pay that full amount?

Should I just continue making my payments to the DM each month and when they take me to court, simply go and defend myself. The court will be able to see all my monthly payslips, bank statements and debt to other creditors. They will see that everyone is getting paid on a pro-rata basis and they will also see that I'm simply unable to pay the debt back in any larger amounts.

So to summarise;

[1] Should I maintain that all communications need to be done through my DM company?

[2] They say they will refuse all payments from ClearDebt. Should I remove them from my DM plan and send my own token payments?

[3] Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

Just letting you guys know that after reading around the forums and hearing back from sillygirl1, that I've decided to continue to make payments to all of my creditors (including MiniCredit) worked out on a pro-rata basis. I'm going to continue building up document evidence showing that I'm always trying my best to arrange the repayment of the loan so that we can avoid wasting the courts time.

I suppose for now there is no point in stressing about anything. All I can do is continue making the payments through my DMP and continue communicating with Mini Credit.

I'll post back here if I run in to any difficulty :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi greyplonk,

I too am in a similar case with Minicredit, original £400 loan, yet under circumstances was unable to pay, I eventually went with TMG (The Money Group) with a DMP, and they have told me Minicredit do not play ball at all . They refuse to work with DMP's. TMG have said they are continuing to make monthly payments to Minicredit, so that if it goes to court, The Judge can see I am paying them back. Apparently Minicredit will pass debts onto Fredericks after some time, however Fredericks are eaier to deal with and will work with Debt Management Companies to set up plans etc.

Hopefully your sorted now, but for peace of mind, I can hardly see a court going in favour of a company who refuses to help or listen and yet bullies people into paying up.

I know what all you mean, minicredit are not a friendly bunch to talk to.

I am also in the same situation but at the moment I am battling with them I like a good fight. I have sent an email with a payment plan arrangment, lets see if they accept as now

I have gone to a dmc. They have told me that they are a hard company to please so they have advised me to make some sort of agreement. No doubt they may mention about court proceedings if they do then I will tell them that it is a wast of time because i am on a dmp the judge most likely will rule in my payment offer. oh mini credit has blocked my account so I cant log in. Besides all that I have read other posts in regards to minicredit and they are not good. I want to see thier ccl revoked so I am thinking about setting up a petition to sent to the OFT to get them shut down once and for all. If anyone has any ideas on what to put in the petition I would me most greatful Thanks

HI

mini credit are awful people to deal with,so if you do manage to get a petition up and running i will sign it for sure i have reported mini credit to OFT and am awaiting their response

nic73

• 2 weeks later...

A few people have signed my petition with good comments but more are needed to close them down. Anyone who reads this if you have had any bad experience with mini credit or any company that is associated with them please sign the petition and help us close them down. Thank you all that has already signed

Anyone having problems with payday lenders please contact MP Stella Creasey - her office are after stories to pass to the press and I have spoken at length with them myself, but as I am not actively experiencing a problem they can't use my past experience, contact her office on 02085211223 - tell them I've passed the details on courtesy of Will...

It seems the net is closing on the idiots - also have a read of the following article to show how idiotic they can be

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article/12167/online-news/government-urged-to-share-data

Methinks they will use this 'data' to milk the poor punter even more and make their lives extremely difficult at an already difficult time.