Sharkleycard sold to Cabot - what comes next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently learned that my old card debt has been sold on to Cabot in a BC headed letter in an envelope marked with a Leicester address (not Northampton where BC are based)

- what should I expect to happen next?

I've been in a payment arrangement for some time and was recently offered around a 50% discount by BC before they then notified me it was sold.

I assume this means there's no valid agreement, but it looks like Cabot don't care about that from some of the threads on here.

A CCA to Cabot and a SAR to BC looks to be the order of the day to find out what they do have and exactly how the balance is made up.

Any other hints about what to expect, as I've never dealt with Cabot before?

OMWO

What can you expect from Cabot? Mmmm, lets me see

The balance to increase with every letter. My 6.5K debt to MBNA is now over 10K since it was sold to these planks.

To always answer your questions with a question.

To never have heard of any dispute, have any knowlegde of any payment aggreement, or be helpful in any way.

To insist you must pay NOW or the world will explode, they will arrest your wages and send in the bailiffs.

They can add what they like or say what they like, but unless they go near a court and win is all futile hot air

I will never pay them a penny and they know that, even put it in writting to them, so now they get their bed buddies, Scotcall and Robbersway to plead their case.

All letters filed under B for bin

Hi OMWO,

When Cabot contact you, I agree that a CCA request is the way to go.

Have you already reclaimed all default charges and/or PPI that's been added to this a/c.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks guys - sounds like what I was expecting is about right then! It's my first dealings with them so far... Just have to wait for their first contact before I do anything at all.

OMWO

You didn't answer my Q.

Have you reclaimed any default chgs and/or PPI on the a/c ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Sorry, Slick - I missed that.

As far as I'm aware there's no PPI, but I'll do an SAR to get the statements and other documentation to see if anything has been added and to confirm the closing balance too.

OMWO