• Tweets

• I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ryanair Passenger Refused Boarding

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posted earlier today, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere around. I am new to the Forum so my apologies if I am in the wrong place.

Two days ago, I was refused boarding on a Ryanair flight from Malaga. Spain because the ground staff employee collecting boarding passes claimed (eventually, after the boarding gates had closed and she finally sibmitted to my request that she call the Guardia Civil police): "que me falta respeto": that I did not "respect" her.

This story could go on and on.

She was rude from the outset. She refused to acknowledge my presence at all and refused to give me a name. She refused to call the police when I repeatedly requested that she do so. Finally in an aside to her colleague (who did nothing) she called me a {EDIT}. I apologise for the language.

This was all on top of my having to pay twice for the same set of return tickets because Ryanair had put my first and middle name on my boarding pass but not my surname. Calls regarding this initial complaint were received only at the outsourced call centre in (India?).Having been promised a copy of the original reservation showing the error (which the woman I spoke with claimed was mine) "within 5 minutes", it never materialised.

Several e-mails to the head of customer service in Dublin, [edit], whose contact details I found online, produced no reply.

All of this was BEFORE the fracas of Tuesday night which has cost me two missed meetings,

one of which is unrepeatable, while the other has inconvenienced several people. I also have had to pay hotel and rental car expenses.

The "boss" who allowed the employee to prevent me from boarding not only twice refused to see me as I was told he was "busy", but I was also refused to know his name also. The standard letter I ws given for fax complaints contains a non-existent number.

There is more. Much more.

Twelve attempts at contacting [EDIT] personally have produced nothing whatsoever, not even an acknowledgement by the customer services department (I now have two e-mail addresses for her).

Twice I attempted to call the main switchboard and was kept waiting for 12 and 14 minutes respectively until I gave up. This is the short verson of a very long and humiliating story which ended with my accompanying the Guardia (at my request but those who saw it would not have known that) back to their airport office top fill out an "Hoja de Reclamación" against Ryanair and for the Andalucia government.

The experience was humiliting, embarrassing, frustrating in the extreme. I was singled out for this woman's [EDIT]-like treatment from the beginning, harrassed, antagonised and finally actually laughed at in front of the police when I gave in to tears.

I am a 60 year old grandmother, a professional with Master's degrees and never have I found myself in such a nightmarish situation.

There were witnesses to this; needless to say - although one young man did see what was happening and tried to reason with the woman in Spanish (I speak it but not fluently) - no-one would come forward as an official witness. The young man suggested I should "just forget it".

The entire 30 minutes or do is recorded on the airport surveillance cameras but of course they do not record her orders to me, nor her tone of voice, nor my pleading for her to at least speak to me and tell me why I was being held back.

When the gates closed and she finally condescended to speak to me and tell me I was not to fly I was flabbergasted!

Would you just "forget it"?

I have never taken anyone to court in my life. I detest litigation but under certain circumstances it is clearly necessary. This time I intend to do just that. I shall be suing for compensation not only for my missed flights but for the mental anguish I was put through, and financial compensation for my missed meetings and additional expenses. To add insult to extreme injury, I have had to book another flight with the same airline for the same destination and back in a few days!

My question is this:

I had thought to go with a Spanish lawyer recommended to me but I think that either a UK firm or a EU one would be able to represent me better. I live full time in Spain and am a British citizen.

Please can anyone out there suggest what woud be the best course of action, and ideally, can anyone suggest a company or individual solicitor who has handled cases successfully against Ryanair before.

Most sincerely, and thank you.

Edited by HughMilliated
inexplicable typos differing from my original post!

hi hughmilliated,

i imagine you feel better already getting that all off your chest so to speak.

first i would seriously think about what it is going to cost you to take this to court, solicitors fees, court fees, your time, your emotions going through it all, they will also be able to pay for the best solicitors or even barrister, since they have the money, and there is no guarantee at the end of it all you will win, then you will be even worse off financially.

what i would do, is to write to the top person at Ryanair, the chief executive, michael o'leary, forget e mails, and phone calls, you need to write and explain everything and what you want, and send it recorded delivery, and keep a copy of your letter, and their reply, i know you are angry, which is understandable, but litigation is not a guarantee to getting any monies back, and try the sending of the letter first, hope this helps, totiesquoties.

Edited by totiesquoties
  • Confused 1

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

Hi HM, and welcome to CAG!

What a horrible experience. You must have been in pieces.

The thread title is a little ambiguous, and maybe the earlier one was too which may explain the lack of response. It's probably best to change it to something including 'Ryanair' so it's completely obvious.

I don't personally know any Spanish lawyers but if you google Spanish lawyers in London you'll see there are a number of them, and you could chat to a few and see which one sounded the most competent.

Hope that helps a bit.

DD

Thank you to both of you. Yes, it was most distressing and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since. I hope that readers will understand: I am appalled that anyone would be treated in such a way. I gave the company the opportunity to put the situation right by getting me onto the next flight free of charge even though it was the next day and it meant missing my first days meeting. I was told that it would cost me another 140 euros (or something similar). I never even had the opportunity to have my say in my own language!

I do not think that I am going to get any satisfaction from the customer services department although I have finally got through on the fax number which today produced no tone at all at first and later gave a recorded message that the number did not exist (in Spanish). I shall be sending a copy by registered mail tomorrow.

Incidentally, the original subject line was altered. I don't understand why. The edits above I can understand. Fill in the blanks and I am sure you will understand. All is absolutely true.

And BTW: my original was carefully proofread and contained no typos! A couple of linking sentences appear to have been omitted so no wonder it doesn't flow. I don't know what happened here!!!

Hi again,

Write to the CEO first and then you can take it further if they don't respond, but legally you'll have to follow protocol. See what they say, and if you aren't happy you can issue a Letter Before Action before you see a solicitor, or you can find one at this point and ask him to send it.

I think sometimes we all come across bl**dy-minded check-in staff. I was travelling with my sister and eight month old baby in Mexico, handed over my papers and was told the boarding passes weren't with the tickets and I just couldn't find them either. I was sent back to my sister and the baby, and of course they were there tucked at the back, but the woman hadn't looked, and she was so aggressive I was fumbling all over the place and believed her when she said they were missing. I can't imagine what would have happened if they had really being missing because I don't believe we would have got any help at all.

Come back and let us know what happens.

DD

• Confused 1

you see this sort of thing all the time on the airline programme, and yes, i totally agree, it should not happen, come back and post again, when you have some news. totiesquoties. p.s. your post probably was edited, as cag is careful what it puts on here in case of any liable or litigation, it has to protect the site, they do it will all posts.

Edited by totiesquoties

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

Just having someone to "talk to" is making me feel so much better. I haven't slept these past two nights going over and over it in my mind. The one person I did share it with said: "But you must have done SOMETHING." Talk about blaming the victim.

The "jefe" this Ryanair employee telephoned never even bothered to appear to find out if there was any other side to the story! I have no idea what was said as it was all in rapid Spanish. Yet even then she didn't speak to me but just left me standing and literally pleading to know what was going on. When I asked the Guardia if they received a lot of complaints against Ryanair (they were processing two at the time) he just rolled his eyes and said: "Si!".

Why do you think the title of this thread has been changed twice? I began with "Suing Mr. Ryan" (a play on words on the film Saving Private Ryan). "Ryanair Issues" hardly describes my experience. I was refused boarding! Not that it matters.

yes, talking always helps to get things off your chest, another thing that works too is if you write everything down, and it gets it out of your system, you always feel better after either, sometimes talking to a complete stranger can help more than someone you know, funnily enough airport the programe is on now on channel 11 freeview, have a look also on google and see complaints on ryanair, it may come up with something, and you can read, do not lose anymore sleep over this, they are not worth it, nice people work in hospitals, carers, etc, and other places, and not everyone is nasty, i am so glad you are feeling better. luv totiesquoties.xxx

totiesquoties

For the monetary side which includes what it has cost you,there is no reason as to why you should not do this either with MCOL or at a local Court providing it is below 5k.

Its a contractual issue so should not be too complex.

I would tot everything up and send a LBA to their legal affairs team.

For the other matters with the stress and damages,this is not so simple and the pre action protocols are very different since this would be a claim of Tort.

If you are going to be going down this route,then you should be getting something logged by your doctor for use in evidence.

You could look into that side after doing the claim for losses incurred,and if they want to settle,should make it clear that it would not be as full and final.

OLeary would probably pass it over to someone to deal with anyway,and if you are advocating legal action,then they would still refer it to their legal team.

So IMO best going to them from the start,and a LBA is a legal document.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

Here is their registered office;

Ryanair UK Ltd

SATELITE 3

LONDON STANSTED AIRPORT

STANSTED

ESSEX

CM24 1RW

And remember-your contract was with them-not any Spanish hub.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

Martin, you are very sweet but I haven't the faintest idea what you mean by a lot of these legal terms. :???: In words of one syllable, could you please walk me through if you don't mind. Are these departments, offices I can contact? MCOL, IBA, Tort? Full and Final? Sorry?

Maybe you could PM me if you don't want to put anything here publically? I DO really appreciate your answer. I will contact my doctor; I haven't been able to sleep for 3 nights just thinking about this.

OK, Full and Final I have got my head around. But IMO and LBA???:?: I think this is why I would rather hand this over to a reputable lawyer with experience in such cases, especially against Ryanair. I am willing to go this route if I had to. I am NOT going to back down after what I went through. Too many people do that and (******* I'll edit this one myself) like Ryanair know that only too well. I refused to be bullied the other night and I am not going to start now.

Hello there. IMO = in my opinion, lba = letter before action. You can usually find this sort of stuff by googling. Martin may be sweet, he's also the site manager here :).

Personally, I would try other avenues before contacting a lawyer. You could find that their fees outweigh what you're offered. Don't get mad, get even can be expensive.

My best, HB

• Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Non illegitimum desperandum carburundum notwithstanding, this isn't a question of either getting mad or getting even. On the practical side, I lost two very important nmeetings, one of which was a personal one with people I am not going to have the chance to meet again in the same place and under the same circumstances (pilgrims just arrived in Santiago de Compostela). It wqas costly in more ways than one. On the personal side, I was insulted and humiliated. I believe that just compensation is called for. If people do not stand up for what is right and fair then (once again I am happy to do the OMIT work)'s like Ryanair will continue with their questionable practices, and my case shows that is the least of it. I do not use the word lightly but I was - and to some extent still am - traumatised. I'm a psychologist: I know exactly what that word means!

THNX 4 DA SMS translations!

Martin, you are very sweet but I haven't the faintest idea what you mean by a lot of these legal terms. :???: In words of one syllable, could you please walk me through if you don't mind. Are these departments, offices I can contact? MCOL, IBA, Tort? Full and Final? Sorry?

Maybe you could PM me if you don't want to put anything here publically? I DO really appreciate your answer. I will contact my doctor; I haven't been able to sleep for 3 nights just thinking about this.

MCOL is the alternative way to sue someone for simple moneyclaims,although if they are defended then it goes to a local Court. MCOL abbreviated means Money claim online.You can read more by Googling it. For civil action in the Courts there are different rules for making claims. So basically for example in your case it was breach of contract and you lost xxx amount. Ryanair will have their terms and conditions which say xxxx From what you have said it would seem that you have a strong case insofar as the losses you have incurred. Tort is an action separate from a claim for money -the rules and criteria for damages as a result of harm,stress,etc come under this category If you google the law of tort-or claiming using Tort,then you could get some understanding. The Consumer Action Group is a self help site and there are some good people here. Whilst you are thinking about using a Solicitor,I stated that for the issues regarding your losses,are within relatively easy means to claim yourself and there are no shortage of people on the CAG who will guide you. We are not here to give you names of Solicitors or point you to no win no fee ppl. There is no problem to find these on the internet. No win no fee firms will only take a case on if they have a good chance of success. It is up to you to decide which way you want to go forward. If you choose to sue them for loss,then you will get help and support to do that here. Without sounding pedantic-if you are looking to use a no win no fee firm-then you will still have to do some homework and supply them with everything for them to deal.

Thanks Martin. Reading between the lines it looks like the more tradtional option is the better way forward. I have sent a fax (finally the number worked after I don't know how many times getting a dead line) and the hard copy goes to Mr. O'Leary and the Customer Service Head (I'm not wasting my time with the general department; this is not a general claim) by two registered mails on Monday.

I've calmed down now. Surprising what a good night's sleep will do.

I really do appeciate at least being able to get some answers here, and especially the support. Discussing it with anyone just brings that "You must have done something?" look into their eyes. If it were not for everything I have now learned about this company's - shall we say questionable - practices, I would have begun to think so too!

I will give them 14 working days to do something. What I will not accept is a simple refund. Not even of the four tickets involved. In the meantime I am going to try to follow the young man's advice and put it out of my mind.

TS

Moderators: Would it be possible to change the name of this thread back to Ryanair Passenger Refused Boarding ?

I don't understand why it was changed in the first place. I have sent a PM about this but so far no-one has replied.

"Ryanair Issues" hardly touches upon my experience and most members would say: "Ho Hum. So what's new?" Hence the same few responders. (And most grateful for them I am too!)

I can understand why my original subject heading was changed, but not the second. This is what happened. I WAS refused boarding, and in the nastiest way possible too!

A post above say that there are many knowledgable people on this site who will give me support, but as things stand I don't think I'm going to get to meet any of them...

Moderators: Would it be possible to change the name of this thread back to Ryanair Passenger Refused Boarding ?

Yes will do it now.

Here is their registered office;

Ryanair UK Ltd

SATELITE 3

LONDON STANSTED AIRPORT

STANSTED

ESSEX

CM24 1RW

And remember-your contract was with them-not any Spanish hub.

Your contract was not with Ryanair at this address and you cannot serve County Court Small Claims papers here as it is not the Registered Office address of the operating airline with which you flew.

Your contract was with:

RYANAIR LIMITED

Corporate Head Office

Dublin Airport

Co Dublin

Ireland

Ryanair Ts and Cs here: http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions

If you wish to issue court proceedings against Ryanair then you can apply to the Swords County Court in Dublin to do this.

CityBoy, you have a country heart. Bless you. I didn't think that the Stanstead address would work as we are talking about two separate countries. I sent a fax on Friday and - whaddya know - got a response this morning saying that the claim is being looked into. The name sounded Polish but I will withhold comment until I see what transpires. I have sent copies of the fax to both O'L and CG, by registered mail.

If they think they can add me to their attrition list they are very much mistaken. Now that I have gotten over my initial reaction, I am boiling mad and the words "How dare they/she..." are going to propel me on. I am quite willing to be a "pilot case" if it means that people like me who have suffered from such circumstances can have a voice. I was very happy with the Ryanair system to being with. It makes good sense and air travel needs to be de-mystified, de-elegantised and made available to all. I even recently wrote a blog post (I'm a writer) to that effect (withheld for now but called "I Love Ryanair" if you want to Google for it). What I have since read online just "boggles the mind"!

I have contacts at two major tabloids. If Ryanair don't acknowledge, apologise and compensate properly (i.e not just what monies I have paid for tickets - this goes well beyond that now and they had their chance to do that) within 14 working days you'll be reading about this on their front pages.

Thanks you to all of you for helping me get through a very difficult week. I know that far worse things out there are happening, but my own experience was very personally distressing and humiliating. However, we are nearly a week on: the Tiger in me now is BACK!

Who is willing to take my case if I do not receive a satisfactory answer? I may be looking for reputable counsel, not ... well you know. I believe that the UK is still not America! Has anyone had a similar experience with any airline company who could make a recommendation?

• 1 month later...

Yes as a matter of fact I can.

First of all, you can sue Ryanair from the UK.

It's a matter of form filling and the Court clerks are legally obliged to help you fill the forms in.

Cityboy you're spot on with the address.

I've only one question though..... Can you define the value of the LOSS you have suffered.

I've capitalized the word deliberately.

If you can't put a monetary value on your LOSS. Then you'll have to take legal advice to make sure you aren't wasting your time.

I was very happy with the Ryanair system to being with. It makes good sense and air travel needs to be de-mystified, de-elegantised and made available to all. I even recently wrote a blog post (I'm a writer) to that effect (withheld for now but called "I Love Ryanair" if you want to Google for it). What I have since read online just "boggles the mind"!

That's completely understandable, I mean, I voted for Maggie!

The danger of Ryanairs "menu" pricing is that they try to hide the charges until you have committed to the flight selection. And they use quite interesting psychological planning in the website design to achieve that.

People often heap derision on Ryanair's website design - what they don't realise is that it is actually a bit of a tour de force!

I know that my response to your post comes a bit late in the day - but I hope it's been of some help.

My problem with Ryanair is that they are like pikey tarmaccers. Cheap, but when they go wrong they deny you any comebacks and really take advantage of vulnerable passengers.

I am a regular flyer with Ryanair and on the occasions where things have gone wrong, it is obvious that they want to make it as hard as possible to resolve problems - a fax number in Dublin - who uses faxes nowadays?

I regularly fly out of Cacassonne and there is a little ryanair sh1t there that every time picks on elderly people to try and fine them for the size or weight of their bag. It's disgusting. If there was another airline that flew to Carcassone I would take them.