Disability Discrimination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you HB!

we haven't go to CAB or ECHR either. We wrote to disability law services in details but didn't receive any reply. she contacted the home insurance, although they issued a case reference but she didn't pursue with them since one of her friends with some legal background agreed to help her writing her correspondence with her employer.

Till to day, she was waiting for a last straw before going to ET. She wonders now she should submit her claim a while ago before they embark on to cut her sick pay.

She now thinks she should submit a grievance against half sick pay.

Do ACAS or ECHR help with writing ET claim? does nay one has any experience with them? please advice us.

thanks in advance for all the support.

we haven't go to CAB or ECHR either. We wrote to disability law services in details but didn't receive any reply. she contacted the home insurancelink3.gif, although they issued a case reference but she didn't pursue with them since one of her friends with some legal background agreed to help her writing her correspondence with her employer.

Does she have the option to go back to the home insurance legal people? You've been advised several times on the thread that you need legal advice because this is complex.

Till to day, she was waiting for a last straw before going to ET. She wonders now she should submit her claim a while ago before they embark on to cut her sick pay. I don't think she can do much about that now.

She now thinks she should submit a grievancelink3.gif against half sick pay.

I would be careful about this. Many companies have a written policy that sick pay is 6 months at one rate and then reduces by say 50%. If it applies to everyone, I'd say she needs a reason why she should be different. That assumes that the normal rules are being applied to her. Legal advice again?

Do ACAS or ECHR help with writing ET claim? does nay one has any experience with them? please advice us.

You would need to ask them, helpline numbers on their websites. We mentioned them a while back. But if the insurers would offer an employment solicitor that is likely to be a better avenue.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

@HB Just to add to my previous post.

My friend has a disability recognized under DDA and diagnosed by medical expert in the relevant field. She thinks she is entitled to full sick pay as a readjustment. This has been established in the case law Meikle vs Nottinghamshire. Furthermore, she herself asked the employer time and again to make readjustments and return her to her contracted position what they were trying is forcing a demotion and willing to make any readjustments to the demoted post. that's clearly unlawful. it is they are demoting her due to her disability.They just dragging their feet instead of resolving the issues lawfully apparently in order to cause detriment and aggravate her plight. They admitted there are outstanding issues but continue to pursue a wrong course action that if she complies with would definitely amount to affirming all their wrong doings.

go to her legal advisors, she was unwise to not take up their case offer of help

To be honest after helping in previous posts I am quite disappointed that she ignored the help of a qualified solicitor when we caggers may not have that same level of knowledge. What on earth persuaded her to ignore qualified legal help and go for a 'friend' ?? It is obvious that the 'friend' cannot now help and she, through you (not at all the best route either) chooses to return to cag?

There is a saying... too many cooks spoil the broth and I think we are in danger of spoiling this for her. Go back to her legal advisors.

go to her legal advisors, she was unwise to not take up their case offer of help

To be honest after helping in previous posts I am quite disappointed that she ignored the help of a qualified solicitor when we caggers may not have that same level of knowledge. What on earth persuaded her to ignore qualified legal help and go for a 'friend' ?? It is obvious that the 'friend' cannot now help and she, through you (not at all the best route either) chooses to return to cag?

There is a saying... too many cooks spoil the broth and I think we are in danger of spoiling this for her. Go back to her legal advisors.

@ papas. To be honest we find this forum on the net equally supportive and enlightening in many ways, that's why I wouldn't wonder if people do come back here and we did the same, if not for much but for some reassurance that could be to many very invaluable particularly when someone goes through a plight undescribable. I am helping my mate who does have some disability unique to her and just like many others in this forum who asks for advice on behalf of others.

You are very right my friend should have taken her legal aid instead of her friend's. the fact is home legal are very keen to proceed with only constructive dismissal, which we find would be very unwise given your advice above in post no 17. We valued your advice as it echoed many others.

Finally, I value you and HB's advice equally with due respect to others here.

Cheers.

prishan