Barclaycard CCA Unobtainable

skeeks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

Looking for some advice on this:

Despite numerous requests and assertions that they had Barclaycard have failed to produce the original credit agreement.

This finally came to a head when we advised the latest in a long line of DCAs that the CCA Barclaycard claimed to be correct wasn't and why.

They then backed off and took the matter up with Barclaycard directly. I have just received a letter from them stating that they had "been advised that it is no longer available". They go on to say they have closed their file and will not be making any further contact.

My question is how do I get this finished properly? Do I contact Barclaycard directly and request that they remove themselves from my credit file or do I contact the credit agencies or both?

Delighted with the outcome but want closure.

Thanks for reading.

Skeeks

Hi if you have it in writing from BC then all it means is that BC or their tame DCA'S cannot take you to court they can mark your CRA files with a default and continue to pester you for payment though you can tell them to go forth etc.

Hi

Thank you for your replies.

Just to clarify the alleged debt was sold by BC to another party earlier this year who then began pursuit. It is they who have confirmed what we already knew in writing that the CCA could not be produced.

We have throughout this process (two and a half years) been in dispute over this with BC and requested the CCA from each and every one of the DCA's they've dispatched after us.

We want to ensure that no default is recorded as this account has been in dispute but we don't know where to go from here and want to get this closed off once and for all.

So back to my original question:

"how do I get this finished properly? Do I contact Barclaycard directly and request that they remove themselves from my credit file or do I contact the credit agencies or both or none of the above?"

Thanks again, be interested to know what you think.

S

Hi if you have had the account and they can prove this from statement history etc, then they can trash your credit files. If you have not had an account then you can have them for compensation at this time £1000 a time.

dpick

Hi Skeeks,

The only way you'll get closure is if BC or a DCA take court action which you defend successfully.

You will not win if you try taking BC to court, after the case of Carey v HSBC.

If there is not credit agreement available, you may be able to argue against a Default that has been registered but this can be a long and painful process.

Have you reclaimed all default charges and/or PPI on this a/c to reduce the balance owing.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)