style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, here's the situation...

On Friday i drive in to the Congestion Charge zone. I forget to pay charge that day (for those of you who are unaware you are allowed to pay the charge up to midnight the following day) So, the following day at around 22:15 i go on to TFL's website to pay the charge but, i am greeted with a notice, which tells me the website is undergoing maintenance and they are unable to take payments. The website should be back up on Sunday at approx 1am. MMmm, funny how it is back up one hour past the time i am able to pay the charge don't you think?

I read further and it tell me that i am able to pay by telephone but, the lines close at 22:00 on a Saturday. I am able to pay in a shop that supports PayPoint but in shops i am unable to pay for the previous or following days. So, in other words i am unable to pay for the previous day so i can expect a fine through the post.

I feel this is greatly unfair of TFL. They give people the option to pay the following day and when they do that option is suddenly not in operation because of website maintenance. It was very funny how the rest of the website was in perfect operation but the only part they needed to maintain was the payment section.

I feel this is a right stitch up and something TFL do to pull in extra money from motorists.

I am going to appeal but am interested to know what people think of my chances of an appeal being a success.

I can try but i doubt that will make a difference as formal representations must be made in writing.

You havn't got a PCN yet have you? I think you have made a rather foolish error and thought Saturday was the deadline but it was in fact monday so I think ultimately you are going to have to put this down to experience unless you can convince them its their fault, which is unlikely.

Sh*t! I just read this on their website. Looks like i did make an error. DAMN!!!!!!

"You can pay in advance or on the day of travel. If you don't pay by midnight on the charging day after you drove in the zone, you'll get a Penalty Charge Notice."