Banned from TK Maxx for trying a Lip gloss

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been to TK Maxx in the past but not a frequent shopper there. However on this particular day a colleague at work informed me of them conducting clearance products. So i went in there with the hope of purchasing a lip gloss. Obviously there were a lot of people milling around due to the clearance. So i eventually got to the cosmetics section, found a lip gloss that was already out of its packaging and opened and tested it. Obviously this is the norm for other stores and i ususally test what i intend to buy. Eventually, i decided i didnt like the prodeuct and proceeded to leave the store. Suddenly a security staff appeared beside me and told me starightaway that i had committed a criminal offence and had to come with him. I was very embarrassed (and 6 months pregnant) and distressed. Anyway i explained to him (and which he could clearly see) that the product was opened already but he wouldn't hear any of this and told me i would have a letter in the post (after aggressively demanding for my personal details) to warn me i'm banned from TK maxx stores. I even offered to buy the product which was just £5.00 even though i didn't like it. I thought this was over the top. I just want to ask if this means i have a criminal offence on my record!

As for TK maxx , i'm not interested in going into any of there stores. There are a lot of stores which i can get lip gloss from AFTER trying it without reking any embarrassment. I would appreciate comments please. I am a fully employed professional and don't want this to cause me any grief later in future. I have never committed any crime and never will. Thanks in advance

Hi rof

Welcome to CAG

In this instance I would forward a complaint to their Head Office, because as you say, you didn't open the packaging, it was already opened, your being accused of something which you didn't do. You could argue that most stores have testers so you can try the product you thought that was the protocol, that at no time did you attempt to steal the product. Also highlight the treatment you received from the security staff. Send a Formal Letter of Complaint , mark it as such. Send it to:-

Managing Director

TK Maxx and HomeSense

50 Clarendon Road

Watford

WD17 1TX

I don't think you will have a criminal record, no police, no courts, etc. You might get a speculative invoice from RLP without a breakdown for about £170.

Read the CAB report on these speculative invoices from RLP.