Statute Barred Error.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I recently made an error in calculations and sent the Statute Barred letter for Scotland to Cabot Finance. The debt is due to be barred in February 2012, and not 2011, and I thought I had been so careful!! They are now after me for debt and threatening court action.

Given the wording of the letter and the fact that I added in the "I do not acknolwedge any debt to you or any other company or organisation that you claim to be representing" have I now made a fatal error and started the clock for another 5 years? If the wording states that I do not accept liability or ownership of the debt is that enough? I get the feeling I know the answer to this but wanted a second opinion!

Many thanks as always!

Ouch ollie. I don't know for certain but I've read many posts where people have stressed the point to be absolutely certain that the debt is SB'd because when you claim SB your effectively saying "Yes this is my debt but its too late to try and enforce it". Are there any other avenues open to you such as unenforceable agreement, reclaiming PPI and/or unfair charges etc?