Link Financial (MBNA) - County Court Claim Form Received - Please help if you can?

spiritgirl59

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there 24233513afw :)

Please start your own thread and we will give you all the help and advice we can.

Link are not very nice but we can help you as many of us have had the misfortune to have to deal with them and know their tactics and tricks.

If you come back on this thread and put up a link to your new thread, I will see if I can help you .

Good luck!

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have just had a very un-usual and very weird phone call regarding link!!first they phoned my parents house,they didnt say who they were.in fact the guy said his name and implied that he was an old friend.he said he knew me from my previous job.anyway i wasnt in,so my relative past on the information,with the name and number of the person.so,confused,i phoned the number.and thus followed the strangest convo i have ever had!!!basically he tried to say that he had some of my mail,and he needed an address so he could send the mail back to me!!!i know for a fact that this is a blatant lie.he wouldnt tell me how he had come to be in possession of my mail(even though i knew he wasnt!!!!!)anyway the convo went on,and on.ending with me saying,i know who he is and what he is trying to do!!!the thing is i have never had contact with link b4!!i dont understand why he didnt just say who he was and what he wanted,as i am trying to sort out all my debts.any1 got any advice???thx.

i have just had a very un-usual and very weird phone call regarding link!!first they phoned my parents house,they didnt say who they were.in fact the guy said his name and implied that he was an old friend.he said he knew me from my previous job.anyway i wasnt in,so my relative past on the information,with the name and number of the person.so,confused,i phoned the number.and thus followed the strangest convo i have ever had!!!basically he tried to say that he had some of my mail,and he needed an address so he could send the mail back to me!!!i know for a fact that this is a blatant lie.he wouldnt tell me how he had come to be in possession of my mail(even though i knew he wasnt!!!!!)anyway the convo went on,and on.ending with me saying,i know who he is and what he is trying to do!!!the thing is i have never had contact with link b4!!i dont understand why he didnt just say who he was and what he wanted,as i am trying to sort out all my debts.any1 got any advice???thx.

2u7t9g1.gif

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...plaintForm.DOC

[email protected] t.gsi.gov.uk

yeah thx,think il contact fair trading.its just freaked me out a bit,just how weird the guy was.cant understand why he just didnt say who he was.very unusual.surely it cant be legal to lie,to my parents.to get in contact with me??its the letters thing thats gets me as well.he doesnt have any of my letters!!

yeah.angry cat just read the link (1004).pretty similar story to mine!!they seem to think i have changed address!!and that im running away!!(which im not).the thing is,if the guy who contacted me,would have just been upfront,and sincere,i would have come to some sort of arrangement with him!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I`m brand new to the site so please bare with me!!:oops:

I`ve been reading the threads re LINK and I`m trying to work out where I currently stand with them.

To cut a long story short LINK "bought" my debt from MNBA sometime around 2000/2001 whilst I was going through a divorce.After all the usual letters, phone calls etc I settled on paying £70+ per month.

For the last few years I`ve been paying £60 per month.Their modus operandi is to phone me at home and take my debit card details which (so they say :-|) authorises payments for the next six months.

However in the past after taking the six payments they fail to get back in touch.Eventually, after a few months they re-establish contact and the payments carry on as before.

They didnt take any payment in June or July this year, but in late August I recieved a phone call asking for 2 x £60 payments - These I paid, and the caller asked if they could take further payments on the same date every month. This I agreed to, but no payment has been taken in September.

At the rate Ive been paying them I estimate I will have paid back what I "owe" by April or May next year.

I would be grateful for any advice how I should proceed.

Thanx.:)

Hello All,

I`m brand new to the site so please bare with me!!:oops:

I`ve been reading the threads re LINK and I`m trying to work out where I currently stand with them.

To cut a long story short LINK "bought" my debt from MNBA sometime around 2000/2001 whilst I was going through a divorce.After all the usual letters, phone calls etc I settled on paying £70+ per month.

For the last few years I`ve been paying £60 per month.Their modus operandi is to phone me at home and take my debit card details which (so they say :-|) authorises payments for the next six months.

However in the past after taking the six payments they fail to get back in touch.Eventually, after a few months they re-establish contact and the payments carry on as before.

They didnt take any payment in June or July this year, but in late August I recieved a phone call asking for 2 x £60 payments - These I paid, and the caller asked if they could take further payments on the same date every month. This I agreed to, but no payment has been taken in September.

At the rate Ive been paying them I estimate I will have paid back what I "owe" by April or May next year.

I would be grateful for any advice how I should proceed.

Thanx.:)

Welcome!

The first advice that I would give is:

I, would never advise anyone to pay a DCA via a debit Card.

Secondly, can you actually afford to make these large monthly payments, after paying your priority billls?

Thirdly, what is the alleged debt in relation to?

Lastly, who was the original lender?

Please provide us with more detail.

AC

Thank you for your welcome.Please see the answers you asked for below.

Welcome!

The first advice that I would give is:

I, would never advise anyone to pay a DCA via a debit Card.

Thanks for the advice. I will be phoning my bank tomorrow to stop LINK from drawing on my account.

Secondly, can you actually afford to make these large monthly payments, after paying your priority billls?

I can afford the payments.

Thirdly, what is the alleged debt in relation to?

The debt was originally passed by MNBA Credit Cards to LINK. If I recall correctly the original debt was around £5000.

by Duechars:

"At the rate Ive been paying them I estimate I will have paid back what I "owe" by April or May next year."

I hope so!?

Were there any 'Unlawful Penalty' Charges levied on the account?

If so, then you can claim these back, plus the interest that accrued on said 'Unlawful Penalty' Charges.

If you need any assistance on reclaiming the Charges, take a look at the Consumer Action Group FAQ's.

AC

• 10 months later...

I would like some help!!!

Way back in 2003 my Debt of a £1,300 was sold to Link Financial for Barclay Card.

Up until about two years ago i pay them £10 a month. The reason payment was stopped was due to them.

I got a phone call (2 years ago) from what i can only call the rudest man alive. on this i made a Official to Link through Post and Email. They tryed to say it didn't happen and the all the customer service staff are Very professonals. Until i hit them with "Oh by the way the call was recorded and the person informed was told it he was being recorded" after that i heard nothing from them, all payment to them were blocked.

Until this week when i got a letter from them saying i still owe them £1,209.29.

Is there anyway i can ask for proof of payments and find how much i really owe?

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I've come across this thread and I hope I can get some advice. My wife has been contacted about an MBNA account that we have no memory or record of. She has been sent a letter advising of account number and ammount owing but we still cannot find any info from our records. I understand they have to supply documents bearing terms and condition and signatures. We have been advised to sit tight and wait, this letter has been described as a 'phishing trip'. Any further info would be welcome.

Regards

Mike

Best to start your own thread and give as much info as possible of the history of this and the correspondence sent to you.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I have already started a thread entitled 'Link Financial'. My previous post contains all the info an history that there is. From info gained on a trawl through various web sites it appears that Link are well known for buying up old or even statute barred debts and then raking through electoral rolls to find someone of the same or similar name to threaten.

Regards

Mike

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Link Financial have obtained a court order against me, the county court asked for an income and

expenditure form to be completed by me. I did this and have £10.00 spare at the end of each month

The court has ignored the form and told me that i have to pay £100.00 pm to Link, can anyone

advise me as to what i can do next .

I am seeing the C A B next month to get my debts sorted out my wife and i are worried sick over this.

any helpful advice will be appreciated.