Link Financial (MBNA) - County Court Claim Form Received - Please help if you can?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya spiritgirl

ive noticed your thread is nearly 2 yrs old when you first started,,,,wow

ive had my mbna - well all/leic assigned to them at link,,,and ive updated my thread

so will sub to your thread if i may and try and learn stuff along the way

any help would be appreciated in the meantime

many thanks and later i will read all the thread have glanced at a few posts within it today

laters and keep positive angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED COURT PAPERS FROM LINK SO I HAVE CALLED THEM WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRANGING TO PAY. I EXPLAINED THE DEBT OCCURED BECAUSE I HAD NOT BEEN IN REGULAR EMPLOYMENT BUT NOW I WAS ABLE TO OFFER THEM £50.00 AS I DID NOT WISH TO INCUR THE ADDITIONAL COURT COSTS. THIS WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE EVEN THOUG I POINTED OUT THAT OFFER WAS LIKELY TO BE BETTER THAN A COURT WOULD AWARD AFTER ASSESSING MY OUTGOINGS AS A SINGLE MOTHER WITH OTHER CREDITORS. LINK WANTED ME TO PAY THE BALANCE OR AGREE TO PAY OVER PERIOD OF 5 MONTHS. i CANNOT AFFORD £250 PCM FROM MY SALARY SO LOOKS AS IF IT'S GOING TO COURT. WHY CAN'T THESE PEOPLE BE REASONABLE? I AM TEMPTED TO LOOK SERIOUSLY INTO BANKRUPTCY.

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED COURT PAPERS FROM LINK SO I HAVE CALLED THEM WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRANGING TO PAY. I EXPLAINED THE DEBT OCCURED BECAUSE I HAD NOT BEEN IN REGULAR EMPLOYMENT BUT NOW I WAS ABLE TO OFFER THEM £50.00 AS I DID NOT WISH TO INCUR THE ADDITIONAL COURT COSTS. THIS WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE EVEN THOUG I POINTED OUT THAT OFFER WAS LIKELY TO BE BETTER THAN A COURT WOULD AWARD AFTER ASSESSING MY OUTGOINGS AS A SINGLE MOTHER WITH OTHER CREDITORS. LINK WANTED ME TO PAY THE BALANCE OR AGREE TO PAY OVER PERIOD OF 5 MONTHS. i CANNOT AFFORD £250 PCM FROM MY SALARY SO LOOKS AS IF IT'S GOING TO COURT. WHY CAN'T THESE PEOPLE BE REASONABLE? I AM TEMPTED TO LOOK SERIOUSLY INTO BANKRUPTCY.

Do you own or rent your home? Link have a nasty habit of obtaining CCJs and then going for charging orders. They can only do this if you own your own home though.

CCA them, SAR them, make sure you have all the paperwork from them. I bet something will be amiss, but you need all this to do a defence.

Even if it goes to court a Court will not order you to pay more than you can afford. However in the first instance get a CCA letter off to Link to see if they have the correct paperwork. Its pointless sending Link an SAR. This should always be sent to the Original Creditor. I would however hold fire on this and save a tenner until you see if Link can actually enforce the ALLEGED debt

Under no circumstances should you speak to Link they are axxxx. Send CCA request with £1.00 PO put your account number on the back. Put in the letter that you will only deal with them in writing. Make sure you do not sign anything you send, type your name, print your name but never ever sign it. Nikki if you haven't started your own thread do so. So it doesn't divert help away from this site. If you go to the top of the page where it says search type in link financial you will see you are not on your own with these bunch of nutters. DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Even if it goes to court a Court will not order you to pay more than you can afford. However in the first instance get a CCA letter off to Link to see if they have the correct paperwork. Its pointless sending Link an SAR. This should always be sent to the Original Creditor. I would however hold fire on this and save a tenner until you see if Link can actually enforce the ALLEGED debt

Nikki

ODC has said exactly what I would have said to you. No Court in the land will order you to pay more than you can afford. Link are known for their threats and intimidation - please do send a CCA letter to them by Recorded Delivery (this is so that you can prove they received it later on via Royal Mail Track & Trace if they say they have not had it). Start your own thread as Diamondgirl says, and then put the link to it on here so we can find it, and continue to support you. The main thing is please try not to worry - I know its easier said than done when you are being intimidated by these bozos, there are so many of us on here who have had the misfortune to deal with this company and know their tactics, you will get lots of help and advice from us all. And it is very important not to speak to them if they phone you, say you will only deal with them in writing and put the phone down as they love nothing more than to get into a conversation with you and try to threaten you further as happened to me in the early days :mad:

To all of you who have posted on this thread recently, sorry I have not been on much and commented to you all but my OH is in hospital and I have had family problems too - so been distracted. Thanks for your continuing support. Link seem to have given up with me for the time being after my last bog off letter to them which was very strongly worded :p

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 4 weeks later...
So right SG wish Link would give up on me unfortunately not. DG:)

LOL Diamondgirl I spoke too soon :rolleyes:

These pillocks are now threatening me with their "Asset Investigation Department" to validate my personal data and pursue any action that may prove necessary to recover the balance without further reference to me:p

They have been chasing me for 3 years but...STILL no CCA :rolleyes:

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Asset Investigation Department my ar$e, These people are so full of crap that they invent these grandiose sounding names to make the Threat Monkeys feel important rather than IMPOTENT which really describes them better.

Tut Tut is that anyway to speak about our dear monkeys ODC I have a much strong vocabulary than that but I daren't put it on here.

Asset Investigation Department - it's the next desk along from the bag of nuts isn't it.

• 2 weeks later...

A warm welcome to you

No ones thick on this site just not legal eagles.

Go to the main page and click on debt collection or whatever area you want to put your thread on then when the page opens on the left hand side you will see new thread click on an away you go.

DG:)

A warm welcome to you

No ones thick on this site just not legal eagles.

Go to the main page and click on debt collection or whatever area you want to put your thread on then when the page opens on the left hand side you will see new thread click on an away you go.

DG:)

Thank you what a star you are:-D

Hi Fish007, wlcom to CAG.

Have a look at this thread. It will be helpful to you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

It will take you through most aspects of posting on this site.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone

just found this threadand read with great interest. I received contact from link about 1year ago eventually they did stop phoning and writting but alas !! yesterday we received letters and today postcards to contact them. To be honest I forgot all about them. However noticednobody has posted on this thread since May 2009 and wondered how everybody has progressed with link. now that I see that they can get charges put on our house I feel very frightenedwith them.I am going to start anew thread re:Link tomorrow once I have collected all facts. Butwould like to know what has happened to you allon here regarding link.

Cheers

AFW