Link Financial (MBNA) - County Court Claim Form Received - Please help if you can?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya friends :)

By way of a further update, I have now received 2 Default Notices for the 2 separate alleged debts from Link, relating to the two separate alleged credit card debts, both of which they have been unable to provide a CCA for well over 12 months now :rolleyes:

The Notices state that the agreements will be terminated on or after a certain date not too far off.

I am wondering what difference all this waffle makes when they are unable to provide a CCA in either of these cases?

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Spirtgirl

This is a new tactic from our friends at Link the default notes are invalid

check this thread out MBNA/Link Financial

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They are chucking out loads of these "default notices" to people at the moment! I know a couple of people have recently got them.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Spirtgirl

This is a new tactic from our friends at Link the default notes are invalid

check this thread out MBNA/Link Financial

Regards

Andy

Many thanks Andy - I have clicked your scales and am subbing to that thread. Very reassuring. Thanks to Emma too x

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 1 month later...

Hello again everyone :)

By way of an update, Link phoned today hoping no doubt to catch me unawares after their lengthy absence on the phone :rolleyes:

Needless to say I told them to Foxtrot Oscar yet again, and have barred their number, so I expect more drivel by post very shortly!!

Bring it on! :p

Love SG x

Hello again everyone :)

By way of an update, Link phoned today hoping no doubt to catch me unawares after their lengthy absence on the phone :rolleyes:

Needless to say I told them to Foxtrot Oscar yet again, and have barred their number, so I expect more drivel by post very shortly!!

Bring it on! :p

Love SG x

You'll probably get a letter asking you to ring them urgently, and when (if) you do, they then won't have a clue what it's about! This company really are the lowest of the low and yet they continue to get away with their tactics. I was informed by TS Caerphilly today that they aren't going to do anything re: my complaint, so nothing surprising there. Good luck with your ongoing battle, magda

Edited by MAGDA
typo

" Needless to say I told them to Foxtrot Oscar yet again "

:D You made me laugh SG Love it

Regards

Andy:)

Edited by Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

LOL Andy, am glad it made you smile :grin:

Magda they are pondlife, but they are triers, bless their cotton sox, they used another number last night - a single digit different than the first one when I checked on 1471 :roll::p so that's barred now as well! I got nowhere with TS either so you are not alone.

Link are very predictable because they phone at the same time each night :p

I still have plenty of barring space left so long may it continue!

As an aside, it never ceases to amaze me that these DCAs seriously expect people to discuss matters on the phone, in light of all the identity theft there is these days. I wouldn't discuss financial matters with anyone, even my bank, unless I phoned them and so knew who I was speaking to!!!

Love SG x

Dear friends

I couldn't read all the comments, that you have made, but I guarantee that Link Financial Ltd is on my black list. They acquired a debt from MBNA that is dated back to five years ago. They told me that they tried to contact me but with no luck. The debt is not that big and I offered them £ 10 a month with an immense effort. They are not happy with that, because the outstanding balance has been there for long time. Anyway considering, my family situation, the time of the year and this time of financial crisis, I think the offer, I made, was reasonable but they didn't accept it. They will send me an external agent and I told them that if they would do that I have an army here in London of martial art experts waiting for them and I'm not kidding. You can contact me personally, if you like to join my club.

Dear friends

I couldn't read all the comments, that you have made, but I guarantee that Link Financial Ltd is on my black list. They acquired a debt from MBNA that is dated back to five years ago. They told me that they tried to contact me but with no luck. The debt is not that big and I offered them £ 10 a month with an immense effort. They are not happy with that, because the outstanding balance has been there for long time. Anyway considering, my family situation, the time of the year and this time of financial crisis, I think the offer, I made, was reasonable but they didn't accept it. They will send me an external agent and I told them that if they would do that I have an army here in London of martial art experts waiting for them and I'm not kidding. You can contact me personally, if you like to join my club.

friendslondon,

I would start your own thread on this one.

I hope you haven't paid them anything. If you haven't, don't.

Send off your CCA request and see what comes back.

SH

• 2 months later...

Hi Spiritgirl,

This actually applies to all those who become so frustrated at companies like Link Financial, Buchanan, Clark &Wells and all those despicable industries that arte formed by people to profit out of other people's misery.

Those debt companies buy debts for a fraction of the price from the banks and then hound people like you.

These companies are owned by individuals and it is easy for me to get the names, addresses and dates of birth of these people.

For example, the owners of L.F. are a husband and wife team living in Chelsea. You write to them there or even visit them with your complaint and if enough people did it they would soon get hacked off.

Your first option is to get a landline number from the saynoto0870 number and ask for Alan McDonald who is the man in charge at Link Financial and demand that you deal with him only.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

We're new on this forum. It's been a real eye opener for us we can tell you! We have four different creditors and have had differing amounts of trouble with different DCAs. Our real bad luck started with Link however when MBNA sold our credit card debt at the end of last year. They haven't left us alone since phoning each and every day and writing nasty letters. Having read the advice on here, we've now decided to send a CCA letter to Link. What is worrying us is that all recorded letters we've sent so far to their PO address haven't been received (or so we believe) according to the Track and Trace on Royal Mail. What happens if we cannot prove they received it and therefore cannot know when the 12 days is up? Has anybody else had the same problem?

Guest blackie

to what address are you sending them. It has to be the one in Wales. If you go on Link Financial website you will see they have two addresses. I have to say the dealings I have had with them they told me that they did not have a postal address, however a little research is always handy, all my recorded delivery letters have been delivered. Try this address

Link Financial Ltd

PO Box 107

Caerphilly

CF83 9AD

Tel: 0870 607 13 63

Fax: 0292 085 35 55

Email: [email protected]

Hi Gibson :)

I have always had replies to all of my letters to Link, including recorded delivery letters being signed for :-

Link Financial

P.O. Box 30095

London

SE1 7WU

No harm in you using the address blackie has given you though.

I wouldn't worry too much about this bunch of plonkers - their letters are all hot air and useless waffle I have found. The main problem is their constant phone calls as i've mentioned earlier in the thread, but call barring has sorted them out ;)

Best to start your own thread so we can help you if you need more advice.

Good luck!

Love SG x

Guest blackie

Yes sorry you are right, I've got them completely the wrong way round.

It is the London address to send all your recorded delivery letters. But beware these are ruthless people. Make sure you keep on eye on what they are doing.

Link are a bunch of nuts. If you try ringing them they put you on hold. Never give them your phone number otherwise as everyone knows they harrass you no end. Be warned even if you have an ex directory phone number they can get hold of it, just as they have done in my case.

It took then 2 months to proceed to court. They send me three letters the first saying they were about to purchase the debt, the second saying sorry you are having financial troubles, the third to say they were taking me to court.

I sent Link a copy of the completed court papers and now I have a fourth letter saying I dont have a case and for me to sign a note attached to this letter so we dont have to sit and wait around for the case to come up and then they can decide what I can afford to pay. They will then just go for the charging order on the property.

This branch of Link is not the London one its the Caerphilly one and they seem to be just as bad. At least the Northampton Court is not quite as bad.

CCC say just ignore the letter and let it go to court after all I am defending this. Lets see what the outcome of the court ruling is.

Anyone else having dealing with with bunch of nuts from Caerphilly and anyone go any further advise they can offer me.

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Diamondgirl you really must report the Cretins to the OFT and your MP. Send the OFT a copy of the letter you got telling you that you had no case to defend. They have no right to do this and I would venture to suggest what they have done is illegal. Report them please.

Thanks I was considering this. Did you know that if a Company is outside of the UK they can buy your phone number even though its ex directory. As Link is part of a larger company thats how they must of obtained it. Also if you are listed with the phone preference service any UK Company must not phone you.:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi guys,

We're new on this forum. It's been a real eye opener for us we can tell you! We have four different creditors and have had differing amounts of trouble with different DCAs. Our real bad luck started with Link however when MBNA sold our credit card debt at the end of last year. They haven't left us alone since phoning each and every day and writing nasty letters. Having read the advice on here, we've now decided to send a CCA letter to Link. What is worrying us is that all recorded letters we've sent so far to their PO address haven't been received (or so we believe) according to the Track and Trace on Royal Mail. What happens if we cannot prove they received it and therefore cannot know when the 12 days is up? Has anybody else had the same problem?

I shouldnt worry too much about not having a signature of receipt. You have PROOF you posted it so dont lose those recorded delivery slips. It might be a good idea to check back a bit later on the track n trace website because it can take up to 4 weeks for the details to appear. You could also telephone the track n trace line to see if there has been a delivery made.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest blackie

Never ignore this bunch of nutters and don't believe Northampton County court is any better than them. This company just slap charging orders on property, with no problem through Northampton County Court, make sure you attend or get the hearing moved closer to you.