Link Financial (MBNA) - County Court Claim Form Received - Please help if you can?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is business and people should remember that.

For whatever reason you have spent money you do morally owe the money back and if you can sleep with that on your mind then why shouldn't the account officer be able to do that to. You may think they use bullying tactics then you are avoiding paying your debt that is just as bad. Yes most credit companies were wrong for giving credit in the first place and thats why the country is in the problems it is in but that is another debate.

If you all have a great disliking for DCA link or others then pay the company who was originally owed to the money will get to the company who are owners or others eventually just remember to keep your proof.

As for the post cards does it say Link Financial or just link? If Just link in the big blue letters then that is not giving away your personal business away.

I'm sorry, but this is just utter nosense.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For whatever reason you have spent money you do morally owe the money back and if you can sleep with that on your mind then why shouldn't the account officer be able to do that to. You may think they use bullying tactics then you are avoiding paying your debt that is just as bad. Yes most credit companies were wrong for giving credit in the first place and thats why the country is in the problems it is in but that is another debate.

If you all have a great disliking for DCA link or others then pay the company who was originally owed to the money will get to the company who are owners or others eventually just remember to keep your proof.

As for the post cards does it say Link Financial or just link? If Just link in the big blue letters then that is not giving away your personal business away.

first ever contact i had with link.....they rang me up and i had no idea who they where and why they where ringing me, when they informed me they where now acting on behalf of abbey i calmy replied with "no problem i have been paying reduced payment every month has i am now out of work and can we set up a payment plan?'

i was informed there would be no payment plan and if i didn't pay in excess of £3k straight away they would take my house of me. they didnt even know if i owned my own house or what income i had coming in...more to the point they did not care and where not interested

they rely on the ignorance and fear of people, go to court and obtain a charge on the property with no negotiations at all!!!!

they where aggressive rude and down right nasty to me!!!!!

i recorded the calls due to the behaviour being so unbelievable and unacceptable.

link are horrible, nasty, bullying, law breaking, low life disgusting example of DCA's.

People on high horses should be very careful of lessons in life yet to be learnt.

all to often our judgments towards others can come back as personal experiences if we do not wish to open our minds to the unfortunate circumstances people find themselves in :mad::mad::mad::mad:

A reply to NINGE who maybe does not fully understand what it feels like to be on the wrong side of MBNA and LINK FINANCIAL

I feel that I too most add the problems that I experianced with MBNA & Link Financial. Firstly after being made redundant I contacted MBNA to explain my situation only to be told that I must make full payments or they will take steps to force me to sell my house and may also make me bankrupt ,the person from MBNA was so threatening that I never contacted my other creditors expecting them to be the same.Instead I borrowed money from one credit card to pay another until I was close to my limits and only then did I contact all creditors. All of them were helpful apart from MBNA who were constently phoning me and pressurising me to pay them more than I could afford and who quickly sold my debt onto Link Financial after first offering to except £4600 as full payment of the £12500 debt. Link financial sent me just 1 letter to contact them (back in june 2007) and when I did I was told that they wanted the debt to be paid off in months not years with threats of charging orders and bankruptcy again.This has been a constant worry for the last 14 months and left me SCARED to even contact them let alone start to make payments towards the debt. The point I am making ninge is that a large chunk of my debt is interest and charges that my creditors added to my debts due to the THREATENING and MISLEADING information that both MBNA and LINK FINANCIAL's staff gave to me ,not money that I had actually spent living it up.

Don't feed the troll :rolleyes:

I always worry about a business preaching about morals- it harks back to Union Carbide and the Bhopal disaster or the Exxon Valdiz. Business will wax lyrical about morals right up to the point when their bank balance comes into question.

But of course it is only morally right for us to give Link say, £1500 for a debt they have paid say £180 for (because it's statute barred). In that case if Link we're going to be "moral", shouldn't they pay back the difference to the Original Creditor?

Oh I forgot- this is business, its not about morals!

• Haha 1

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I see unsurprisingly that our latest DCA employee is totally unable to answer a simple direct question put to her by Mr Ton.

People may feel some moral obligation to repay their debts to the original creditor. However once the OC sells this debt on to a DCA and is able to claim tax releif from HMRC on the amount of the debt then I feel no moral obligation to pay a DCA one penny piece. They have bought this debt that the HMRC has offset to the OC in tax relief and that the DCA has bought for pennies. So who exactly is at a loss here???? DCAs have no legal rights whatsoevr. Unless of course they can produce a valid properly executed CCA and a deed of assignment and proof that the alleged debtor has been properly served with a Default Notice. They have no rights to demand personal telephone numbers or other information about some poor unfortunate they are chasing for a written off debt. You are under no Legal obligation to converse with these wretched people whatsoever.

We have all heard Ninge's oft repeated ClapTrap and apologies for the often illegal activities of her former employess. The arguments just do not stack up.

DCAS have no Legal Powers whatsoever. Only the Courts can order you to pay money or send Baliffs. DCAs can do absolutely nothing without the authority of the Courts

I see unsurprisingly that our latest DCA employee is totally unable to answer a simple direct question put to her by Mr Ton.

...you're so right ODC, nor my direct question which follows the one by Mr Ton :rolleyes:

...so as this is my thread, please may I request that if Ninge cannot answer simple questions put to her in a polite manner then she does us all a favour and backs off, because I for one do not want to put up with her trying to excuse the inexcusable behaviour of Link Financial, its bad enough having to be on the receiving end of all the cr&p from Link themselves!!! :mad::mad:

• Haha 1

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

...so as this is my thread, please may I request that if Ninge cannot answer simple questions put to her in a polite manner then she does us all a favour and backs off, because I for one do not want to put up with her trying to excuse the inexcusable behaviour of Link Financial, its bad enough having to be on the receiving end of all the cr&p from Link themselves!!! :mad::mad:

Ninge - Join date 13th August - 8 posts - all of them on your thread SG ?.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Probably because they were brainwashed at their induction training... if they received any training at all.... ;)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You have to have a brain in order to be brainwashed. If you had a brain you wouldnt be working for any DCA let alone LINK

This is very true. :D

BCOBS

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread but it's all relevant re MBNA/Link Financial etc.....

MBNA apparently sold a debt to Link Financial Ltd. back in May 2008, but I was not provided with a default notice by MBNA. I CCA'd Link and no docs were forthcoming within the required timeframes...lots of excuses and pleas for "patience" but no docs.

Today I have received from Link, a copy of the original Creditcard APPLICATION FORM which bears my signature...This is not a Consumer Credit Agreement..or is it ? Also, no copies of Assignement documentation have been forthcoming.....Please advise....

Stupot59

Hi,

It would be best if you start a thread and scan in the document - The experts will have a look at it for you and advise if it's good or bad...:D

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

Ninge - Join date 13th August - 8 posts - all of them on your thread SG ?.

Yes CB, that struck me as well :rolleyes:

Hiya Stupot :)

As Multay has said, best to start your own thread so that we can better help you and your questions don't get lost in another thread. When you scan in your documents, remember to cover up all personal information which could identify you. Come back in here and give me the link to your post once you've done it and I will go and have a look at it for you.

Best wishes

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hi spiritgirl,

Thanks for that...I shall start a new thread...can you please tell me how I go about doing this ?

I cannot find anywhere on the site that is a link and says "New Thread"....or am I being overly dim ?

"Contact Us" does not appear to be manned at present as I've sent 2 messages for help and not been answered.

Regards,

stupot59

hi stupot,

go to the main page of the debt action group and at the top you will see a tab that says ' thread starter'

you are not being dim, we where all new here once and it can take a bit of getting used to.

photo bucket is good for scanning and uploading documents and dont forget to wipe out your personal details

good luck :)

Thanks winny,

I finally got it done, thanks to you !!

My thread is entitled CCA Link/MBNA

Regards,

stupot59

The link for stupot's thread :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/158767-cca-link-mbna.html

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

Its like you have all gone against me and in previous threads i have advised i can not come on here everyday and with all the posts i sometimes find it very confusing to answer all of the questions.

As for not having a Brain. Thank you for that i really appreciate that very mature.

This will be my last message as i thought i was helping which you have all decided that i am hindering and that was not my aim when i first came across this thread.

Good Luck it seems it has not been on your side for a while

Its like you have all gone against me and in previous threads i have advised i can not come on here everyday and with all the posts i sometimes find it very confusing to answer all of the questions.

As for not having a Brain. Thank you for that i really appreciate that very mature.

This will be my last message as i thought i was helping which you have all decided that i am hindering and that was not my aim when i first came across this thread.

Good Luck it seems it has not been on your side for a while

Who has been saying what to you Ninge?

Do stick around - i dont want you to stop posting ;)

You might get the odd hothead on here now & again - but on the whole, we are all friendly/nice people :)

Funnily since I found CAG, "luck" has been on my side much more!

Or is that the law...

Oh stick around, Ninge- I was going to ask you whether Thames Credit was another department in Link, or if Link have broken the law in passing on a debt they last said they were looking for a CCA?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .