You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

DEEJAYEMM

Weird term on loan and high interest rate

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2960 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A friend of mine asked me to check his Loan Statement on a loan he took out from HSBC 17 months ago .

I was shocked to see that the interest rate applied on the account was 15.9% !! The loan was for the amount of £7650 over a 61 month period (which seems an odd term as on their Web site you get a better rate if the term is between 1 - 5 years !).
He has a good credit score. Does he have any right to say he was missold a loan at an excessive interest rate and over a odd period which in effect more than more than doubled the interest rate payable (using todays rate as an example 6.4% as opposed to 16.9% !).

Any help appreciated.

I have just issued a loan misselling complaint about this time period with HSBC.

The 61 months will relate to a payment holiday taken in month 1 making the overall loan 61 months from drawdown, but the repayments over 60 months.