Welcome finance & CCJ advice

nigrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , last year i was issued a CCJ to repay Welcome finance for an outstanding loan.

Before it went to court i asked for a copy of the credit agreement to be sent to me. This was done and all looked fine.

I have just found my original copy of the agreement and notice that the copy that was sent to me had noticable differences in the signatures & written dates on the document but the typed figures were correct.

Even the tick in the PPI box was different.

This can only have been done by forgeing the written parts..

Would this suggest that they have not got the original agreement and can i take any action against them .

I am already considering a claim for mis sold PPI on the loan and maybe a claim for the charges that had been added to the loan when it went into default.

Any advice welcomed

rgds

The OP has the proof of forgery in his hand...sadly it may be too late to get this set aside..others will give opinions.

However, aside from the CCJ, this is obviously fraud, and if you have both of the documents you can prove it...i suggest you go to the police with it!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Only because i dont know the time limits for the set-aside process, or when the judgement was, however, if the police take it on, then i would have thought it gives a lot more weight to it, and it will stuff welcome to boot:D

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Youve already done the CCA, so do the SAR, to get as much out of them as possible.

I think you have to do the set-aside on form N244, you can download it from HMCS website, once you get it set aside, it goes back to square one, then you can defend with everything you have

• 5 months later...

Hi , i have a CCJ with Welcome which is currently being paid by my employer . If after a SAR they were unable to produce the original agreement what would i need to do to stop paying this ,

Would it also be posible to reclaim any monies paid to them.

Any advice please.

Nicurro

You would have to apply to the court to have the original decision set asside, and have a new hearing. In theory it is possible to reclaim monies paid in error. I wouldn't recommend stopping paying any monies you have agreed with the court until you get a positive result at hearing.

cds:)

• 1 year later...

Hi , i have today been looking at the credit agreement i have with Welcome finance , there is a box that says " Witnesses signature" , this box is empty so does this have an effect on the agreement?

They have been given a charging order for this debt which i wish to try to fight back and have it removed so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi , i have today been looking at the credit agreement i have with Welcome finance , there is a box that says " Witnesses signaturelink3.gif" , this box is empty so does this have an effect on the agreement?

They have been given a charging order for this debt which i wish to try to fight back and have it removed so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi all , Welscum managed to get a charging order on my property a few years ago , today i received a letter from a DCA trying to collect the oustanding balance .

Why has this happened ?

I thought the charging order was all the was necessary and no further DCA would contact me.

Also , can the balance on a charging order be increased after it has been granted and how can i contest this now ?

I am in severe financial difficulty so any help appreciated.

have you your own thead with past history?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all , Welscum managed to get a charging order on my property a few years ago , today i received a letter from a DCAlink3.gif trying to collect the oustanding balance .

Why has this happened ?

I thought the charging order was all the was necessary and no further DCA would contact me.

Also , can the balance on a charging order be increased after it has been granted and how can i contest this now ?

I am in severe financial difficulty so any help appreciated.

Nicurro

• 5 months later...

HI , i have just received a full statement from Welcome on the activity on the account.

I notice lots of Ad-Hoc charges and wondered if these should be reclaimed and if anyone else has been successful in claiming these back.

What are Ad-Hoc charges ?

Are they for letters , telephone calls etc?

Thanks

Nicurro

• 1 month later...

Hi , Welcome PPI is now being dealt with by the Contact as below.

As you may know, Welcome Financial Services Limited (WFSL) was declared "in default" by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) on 2 March 2011. On behalf of the FSCS, WFSL is making arrangements to contact claimants who were sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) by WFSL on or after 14 January 2005.

[email protected] or contact our customer services team on 0845 373 0386

The FSO directs people to this also.

Nicurro

• 5 months later...

Hi , Welcome finance have a CCJ on me from an unsecured loan , recently i managed to claim back the PPI that had been added to the loan , would it be possible to ask for this to be set aside as the ammount they claimed for was incorrect due to the PPI that was in the court claim ?

Cheers

Nic

Hi Nic

How did you claim your PPI litigated or informal?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

A DJ could state well now you have been credited the PPI amount did you use it to reduce the judgment amount?

I personally IMHO dont see grounds to set a side.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread