Fraudulent payment via barclays internet banking

adam carter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am posting to ask if anyone has had any problems like mine or can advise of what i can do.

Basically I made a payment for £4000 to another barclays account (which i didnt know at the time) where the beneficiary name was completely diffrent to the account number and sort codes name, basically i was the victim of fraud. the beneficiary name that i imputed and i thought i was paying, was Ebay financing agents account, seems not, i have now found out that it was some little [problematic] account, whos name and account name certainly isnt Ebay. Barclays to date have basically said that its my tuff luck and i should have known these details where incorrect.

Im not sure what the internet banking payment security/checks are, but it seems none, as long as the account number and sort code exist within the banking sector when you press confirm thats it gone, no turning back.

Can anyone help me or advise me. I have contacted my solicitor who is willing to back me 100% if it means FSO or taking it further.

Regards

Adam the Plumber.:mad2:

so you got spoofed by an email link eh.

its fraud and their fraud dept should deal with it as fraud.

easiest way is to tell them you got infected by a virus email.

they should refund it pretty quick.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Adam and welcome to CAG.

Moving this to General Consumer Issues forum where I think you'll get more opinion about your case.

Don't let Barclays fob you off. There may be more that they are able to do about this.

If it involves eBay and/or PayPal, there should be action they can take also.

I assume you've already contacted the Police about this.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)