Halifax CC debt passed to Albion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping for some advice at the moment.

Due to my partner being out of work recently I ran up a large credit card bill to te tune of £3000, which was fine for a while as it was in an interest free period.

When the interest free period ended I was faced with paying c.£70 per month in interest, which was pretty much the full payment I was making each month.

After looking at several options, and even trying to negotiate with the Halifax (who incidentally wanted a £50 payment for 12 months to pay off just £20 of the balance per month) I decided to allow them to pass onto a dca by deliberately defaulting on my payments.

I have now received a letter from Albion demanding the amount in full, now!

Can they demand the full amount in one go?

If not, am I able to offer to pay installments?

Are Albion known to reduce the debt if paying a lump sum at such an early stage?

Any help or advice on how I should approach this debt will be appreciated

Hoping for some advice at the moment.

Due to my partner being out of work recently I ran up a large credit card bill to te tune of £3000, which was fine for a while as it was in an interest free period.

When the interest free period ended I was faced with paying c.£70 per month in interest, which was pretty much the full payment I was making each month.

After looking at several options, and even trying to negotiate with the Halifax (who incidentally wanted a £50 payment for 12 months to pay off just £20 of the balance per month) I decided to allow them to pass onto a dca by deliberately defaulting on my payments.

I have now received a letter from Albion demanding the amount in full, now!

Can they demand the full amount in one go?

If not, am I able to offer to pay installments?

Are Albion known to reduce the debt if paying a lump sum at such an early stage?

Any help or advice on how I should approach this debt will be appreciated

hi, albion are the in house dca for the halifax, same bunch of muppets. ignore albion, after them you will have blair oliver scott, b.o.s_ on your case again who are indeed the halifax!!

OK so the bank still have this, are they still adding ANY interest or charges to the account?

What charges had they previously added to the account prior to them terminating the agreement?

Have you received a default notice and a notice of termination?

Stay OFF the phone to them unless you can record your phone calls, keep everything in writing so as to get a paper trail of evidence.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!