Old Parcel Delivery Service Scam Resurfaces. (PDS)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a current email alert doing the rounds about PDS which goes along these lines :-

I have been informed of a current ‘[problem]’ whereby individuals are having

cards posted through their door from PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) saying

they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on

0906 661 191. Apparently making this call will cost approx £400. Should you

receive a card like this, then please call the Royal Mail Fraud Squad on

0207 239 6655.

I have contacted Royal Mail fraud squad and, although this problem was real, it has been closed since 2005 !!!

If you recieve ANY notication like this it's still worth asking the RMFS on 0207 239 6655

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Crimestoppers has recently received a number of enquiries regarding a chain email warning people about a postal [problem] that could leave you £315 out of pocket.

This email is a hoax and the information contained in it is not true. If you receive this information please ignore it.

The email in circulation is similar to this:

" Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following [problem]:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail [problem] originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655."

The statement from PhonepayPlus about the chain email about an alleged postal [problem] which is being circulated on the internet.

PhonepayPlus, the UK premium rate telephone services regulator, is aware that a chain email about an alleged postal [problem] is being circulated on the internet. The email refers to the Royal Mail, Trading Standards and ICSTIS (PhonepayPlus' former name).

PhonepayPlus appreciates that recipients of the email may want to find out more information about the alleged [problem] and has therefore issued the following statement:

The chain email refers to a service (operating on 0906 661 1911) that was shut down by PhonepayPlus (then ICSTIS) in December 2005. PhonepayPlus subsequently fined the company that was operating the service, Studio Telecom (based in Belize), £10,000.

The service is NO LONGER running and has NOT been running since December 2005.

You do NOT need to contact PhonepayPlus, or the Royal Mail, about this service as it was stopped almost six years ago.

If you receive a copy of the email warning you about the alleged [problem], please do NOT forward it to others. Instead, please forward this statement from PhonepayPlus.

If you receive a delivery card through your letterbox which you do not believe is genuine and which asks you to dial a premium rate number, you can contact PhonepayPlus on 0800 500 212 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) for further guidance.

For more detailed information about PhonepayPlus’ work, please visit http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk.

ShareThis

Related Links

Premium rate phone line scams

Most wantedWoman suspected...Offence: FraudThis unidentified woman is suspected of using HSBC branches across...

See all of Fraud’s most wanted

Poll

Which of the following crime types do you worry about the most?

Burglary Fraud Murder Assault

Give information about fraud now

Use our anonymous form

Tell us what you think Contact us Accessibility Sitemap Terms and conditions Hide your visit Careers

Crimestoppers Trust is a Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England No. 5382856. Registered Charity No. 1108687 (England) and SCO37960 (Scotland).

Postal address: Crimestoppers Trust, PO Box 324, Wallington SM6 6BG.Design by Precedent

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have two REAL issues with the royal snail going on at this time. I have had TWO registered leetrs go missing that just happen to have a £10.00 postal order in each one and SAR per letter with all my details on both of them....I am looking on the black side due to the way the mail seems to be so relaxed dealing with such items...................15 days PLUS could mean that if there is a [problem] then the [problematic] are well on the way to stiffing me..........anyone else had anything like this happen to them.

I have tried to check the progress of the letters but they come back with the same answer.....STILL IN THE SYSTEM......one was posted 15th nov and the other 16th nov

I just dont trust the baskits

I have two REAL issues with the royal snail going on at this time. I have had TWO registered leetrs go missing that just happen to have a £10.00 postal order in each one and SAR per letter with all my details on both of them....I am looking on the black side due to the way the mail seems to be so relaxed dealing with such items...................15 days PLUS could mean that if there is a [problem] then the [problematic] are well on the way to stiffing me..........anyone else had anything like this happen to them.

I have tried to check the progress of the letters but they come back with the same answer.....STILL IN THE SYSTEM......one was posted 15th nov and the other 16th nov

I just dont trust the baskits

If you get hold of Royal Mail they *should* (Sometimes not) be able to determine whether the bag all the letters were in was signed for at the receiving end. If a company receives a large volume of mail, they do not sign for every recorded letter, and it takes time (Sometimes up to 4 weeks!) to show up online if at all. Poke them with a phone call!