Bbc Watchdog???

Drivewasher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just been watching a recording of watchdog. Apparently it only took 500 emails to them to get the programme on estate agents-whisleblower.

So I was just wondering we could get a feature /publicity on the prog maybe if as many members as poss emailed in, re their respective banks and them refusing to give back illegal charges despite them being illegall Etc; Etc;

A basic template could be laid out and posted in the library, then members who wanted could insert their particular plight and email it in, of course inserting a link to this site so we can get some proper factual info on tv instead of the half hearted which report trying to say only some of the charges are illegal.

Just my mind exercising itself, what do you think 11,500 members = a lot of emails

A very good idea - but I think that if they received template emails it would undermine any effort to get them to focus on bank charges.

the emails would have to be send independently.

However - if you refer to the thread in this section on Which? and the forthcoming OFT statement, I think that they would not put on any programme which would undermine the Which? campaign or the OFT announcement - or the new Banking Code which amazingly is coming out in the next few days.

Strange coincidence, don't you think?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks