style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently done business with a trader who has turned out not to be genuine. I have recently been informed that he was prosecuted back in 2005 for stealing from JESSOPS. I heard he did community service for his crime. Basically, how do I know if the information I have received is true?

I have done searches on this on the internet but can't find anything. I have heard this from two people so I believe it to be true.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dea

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I was trying to obtain if the information I have been provided with (theft from jessops in 2005) is true. I want to believe it to be true but not sure if it is.

I have reported it to ActionFraud but they have very little interest in it due to it being a small crime and the fact they have more important crimes to be dealing with. It is though action fraud is just a procedure to go through with but nothing ever comes of it.

once again, thanks

dea

Hi,

Thanks. I will give it try. To be honest, I never thought of it. My dealings with Trading Standards was pretty much a case of them holding the cards close to their chest and not forthcoming with anything; but I will give it ago.

What I have been provided with was that he used to work as a manager for JESSOPS in 2005 and stole alot of equipment. He was then selling this on E-bay and eventually got caught.

Thanks for your help/feedback

Dea

Hi Dea

Trading Standards gather information and then decide if they've got enough to act, these days you have to go through Consumer Direct. The days of 'Trust' have long gone. Do the checks first, that way you won't have to ask questions later.