You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello all,  During the pandemic, we all have a duty to help one another, but i feel that the current Price gouging policy of all the main public sellers such as ebay and amazon to name the biggest are actually keeping the ppe prices artificially high. and i tell you why. pressure from bodies such as which and the trading standards in the early days to cut the price gouging listings on these platforms, has back fired!! This has now lead to a select club! being the Approved traders, as  the only listings allowed to list certain ppe items, this has created a club that with ebays trending structure is keeping the prices high, i have been at logger heads with ebay about this, they are using this policy to rip off the public, after all they take a percentage commission on every item sold. If i try to list an item of ppe much lower that the approved traders club, my listing is rejected, and the reason given is price gouging!!!, what a joke as my listing is half the price of the approved traders and ebay know this. they are worried that this will get out, as the conversations with the concierge service they tell me they are constantly revieving their policy!!!. Which needs to put pressure on these companys to change the policy to create a fairer result for the public.      
    • You might want to check your contract notice as you’ll need to be given that or given legal notice under 2 years (1 week), usually instant is for gross misconduct which this doesn’t appear to be. Again need to check contract but minimum 1 week I believe legally.   I agree they should have better processes in place but they’ve terminated you for unsatisfactory performance they can do that.   It sucks but it’s not unfair, I can see a discriminatory reason posted either so I think best bet will be to look for something new.    Most likely they need to lose heads & knowing they will have to pay contributions in August chose to lose you as you have been there less than 2 years and have very little rights as a result.
    • Just to update on this, received the anticipated reply from Packlink. Still chasing hermes every week.    
    • So I gather that you sent some parcels using DPD. They arrived in an apparently damaged state so that the items can't be used. The items were returned to you and you had to refund your customer. You are now out of pocket to the tune of the entire value of the items or at least the cost of repairs. You used DPD on some kind of account/credit system so that in principle you owe the money – but you are withholding the money because they didn't carry out their contractual obligations correctly and also they caused you loss. They are now threatening to sue you and they have sent you a letter of claim. I understand that you didn't take any photographs of the damaged parcels or of the items – on the basis that you weren't informed that that would be necessary. I understand also that you have had phone calls with them – but you probably have never recorded the courts so you have no evidence of what has been said. Is this all correct? You haven't told us what the items are and whether they are still in your possession. You haven't told us whether the damage to the items makes them a total loss or if they can be repaired. You haven't told us anything about values of the items or of the cost of repairs. We need this information. Also, I hope that you won't mind too much when I say that your failure to take photographs on the basis that nobody had told you to do it – shows a certain level of naïveté and your lack of evidence may become a problem if they do issue proceedings and you have to defend yourself. I suggest that it is axiomatic of any kind of dispute of this nature that you would start acquiring and storing evidence from the outset – and photographs are certainly going to be the minimum kind of evidence that you would require. You also haven't told us the value of the invoice sum which you are withholding. Although your post is pretty long, it seems to be pretty scant on some of the essential information. If you could please respond to these questions and then we will try to give you advice as to your position and the next step.
    • sar vanquis   sar express gifts cards.   too    
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
pinkychops

Account closure Nationwide

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

I have advised my cousin to claim her charges back from Nationwide, she took her SAR letter and cheque to her branch today and delivered it by hand. I am now really worried after reading that Nationwide close the accounts of people claiming their money back. Have you all had your accounts closed? Would appreciate any replies. Thank You.

I certainly had my own account closed once I had claimed my charges back and as far as I can tell, so has everybody else.

You need to advise your cousin to open a new account asap!

Not had my account closed yet but i am expecting them to. I opened 2 new accounts, a Natwest Step and a Co-op Cashminder, didn't have any problems getting them. I would advise your cousin to open an account asap, as once they have claimed the charges back they may find it more difficult to open another bank account.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

Yep, got my letter yesterday, I don't think they haven't closed anyones account who's claimed there charges back.

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

Nationwide close accounts as a matter of course when people make claims.

They have even admitted so on the radio!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

how much notice did they give you before closing your accounts or was this instant ?

30 days, but i am aware that the ombersman is looking into this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

closed our account and then demanded the overdraft back and was going to take us to court.

Then when we paid the overdraft back they said do you want to keep your account open. When they had told us that they were closing it!! Just wanted money back that they gave us.

Thank you all for your replies, will let you know what happens. As she has just handed in her SAR she will wait for her statements to see how much they owe her and if it is worth claiming and so losing the account.