• Tweets

• I agree that you are being more than reasonable – that the advice I'm giving is designed to protect your interests just in case they really do decide to litigate against you. Frankly I think it's unlikely – but on the other hand you may as well have the upper hand. How will you feel if you cancel the contract and then suddenly receive a claim form through the post? I think your chances of success would be pretty good but I can imagine it would be quite unnerving – and the advice I'm giving is intended to assure your success. It's really up to you – but frankly I think that time is being wasted here and it's certainly a shame that the advice I gave a few days ago wasn't followed up immediately because you would be almost at the end of the seven day period already.
    • Further, on the 20/9  there was a telephone conversation stating the wish to cancel the contract.  An email from ideal windows on the 22/9 referred to the telephone conversation and questioning why we wanted to cancel over what they said would be . a couple of days. We then reluctantly  agreed to wait until the 20/10 and then again nothing was heard. We telephoned the office on the 23/10 stating  the date that had been agreed  for the work to start had now passed and we wanted our deposit back. Having given them almost a month it feels we have been more than reasonable 
    • The problem is that each time you have given them notice, you have then continued which effectively nullifies the notice. I agree that you have given them enough notice – but each time the notice is effectively cancelled because you continue not standing by your word. I hope you can start to see that when you state a position and then you move the position, you simply lose credibility and effectively you have to begin again. You need to put everything beyond doubt and so you should send the letter which I've suggested.  If you have some partner or someone who was also getting involved then I think that you had better make sure that you are communicating well with each other and that it is agreed that somebody is taking the lead. Otherwise, the left hand will not know what the right hand is doing and it will only be when you find yourself in court and defending a claim for an administrative fee or a council contract that it then comes back to bite you in the bum – both of your bums.. You must give notice in order to protect your position. Very sorry, but the letter which was sent was reckless. Send a letter which I have suggested giving seven days notice and a 14 day backstop for completing the work. Of course there was always one danger and that is that you could give notice, they then start the work within the notice period – and then it starts to dawdle along and take too long. However, giving them 14 day backstop to actually have the work completed should protect your position. Send the letter now. Also calculate if you are within 120 days of the date that you made the payment on your debit card – and if you did then begin a chargeback with your bank. If it's longer than 120 days then you will be able to do the chargeback and then maybe the best thing to do is to write it off – unless they decide to see you and in that case you can make a counterclaim.     This is all very well, but once again you state a position and then you don't follow it through. How can anyone take you seriously?
    • Lookinforinfo, these are two separate letters for two separate tickets, one 07.02.19 and one 03.08.19.   karel, I've added the post code to the thread title to identify the car park better.  It would be helpful if you could edit the sticky, you don't know when the NTKs arrived as you never received them.   The good news is that these debt collectors have no power so you can sit back, relax and ignore their drivel.   In the long term though you might want to consider sending a SAR to Horizon to find out what they originally sent and maybe work out why you never received it.
    • Just in addition, in the beginning we made it very clear we didn't want the work carried out during Autumn and winter, we have a young child at home and are not prepared to put his health at risk.. Also as we had said, to go beyond the specified dates is not feasible as one of the builders has already returned home and the other one has already stayed longer than planned so to start it now wouldn't be an option.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

credit aggreement default

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3294 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Some 7 years ago I stopped paying off my credit card with capital one because of ill health ( lost job, no money).

After some time they stopped charging interest and accepted nominal payments untill two years ago when they demanded doctors letters to prove my ill health. I provided them with one but the year after they asked for another one. I refused this as my condition is long term and each letter costs money.

They then defaulted me. This was a year ago.

Can they do this when they had in the past accepted the nominal payments?

Thanks in advance for any advise