Claiming JSA but going to Docs if put on sick what happens next.

MarySpencer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone please guide me.

I am 55 years old and claiming JSA and help with my mortgage.

I am going to the doctors on Friday (and if they sign me off, this is my second time) in 10 months.

Because I suffer from high blood pressure, depression and heart problems, I have come to realise there is no way at the moment I can physically let alone mentally hold down a job.

If I was offered a job, I could not fulfil it, so would have to leave, and then all my money would stop, also I cannot see anyone offering me a job with my health being as it is at the moment.

Of course it depends on what my GP says and does, but if she does give me a sick note, what happens next (I am on medication for the above, by the way).

Even though I know I am not fit to work, I have been signing on, because of the help with my mortgage, but I realise I cannot keep doing this, will I still get help with this if unfit to work.

I live alone, and have no dependants.

The JC know about my high blood pressure, but I have not divulged the other things, as I feel a failure and hate admitting to them, especially the depression, as I know they think people use this, as a cop out.

Thanks

Mary

Hi

I went to the Docs this morning, and they have given me a sick note, my blood pressure is up, they are also making an appointment for me with the cardiology unit.

I have no idea what I do next - other than send in the sick note, and wait.

If someone could please advise me, or point me in the right direction to any threads on here, that would be great

Feeling very worried, that they might stop my money even thinking about not sending the sick note in, and just keep claiming JSA, as I am so worried how they treat people who are ill.

mary

If I remember right, you keep sending in sicknotes, up till a period of....I think it is 13 weeks (cant remember).

Basically after that point you need to go for a medical. It is important to note that you will fail the medical and be declared fine - appeal the decision! I remember my first time claiming ESA, it was hellish, it drove me to the brink. I need you to trust me on this one - they treat everyone like liars. Don't let it get you down, appeal and you will win. 40% of decisions get overturned, so that gives you an idea of how shoddy the assessments actually are.

Thank you everyone, I have spent some time on here, reading about other peoples cases, and I think I know what to expect, (or what to be prepared for) as far as anyone can.

I am not a scrounger this is only me second time in 25 years of claiming JSA, and I get interest help with my mortgage.

I am sort of lost and feeling very vulnerable, so all the help and comments is very much appreciated.

Mary