city financial

deeper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If anyone is offered a loan via a company called city financial DO NOT FALL FOR THIS [problem].

they offer a loan, as do many, after an up front fee of £67 with a promise of a decent loan amount at a decent interest rate, then

once the fee is paid, lo and behold, there is NO application through the post, and no loan offer. the only offer we got was from another loan company offering to give us money after we PAID MORE UP FRONT FEES.

they are very genuine sounding, with a registered company number and address that show up at companies house (this is probably also false - beware of this tactic).

Again they trade as CITY FINANCIAL under NORTH FINANCIAL SERVICES and are complete and utter thieves.

they say they are trading as:

NORTH FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED

13A HYDE ROAD

WOODLEY

STOCKPORT

CHESHIRE

UNITED KINGDOM

SK6 1QG

Company No. 06875572

tel nos

0161 4065910

0161 4065914

i am bewildered how a [problem] like this can exist in these times. how is it possible?

Edited by deeper
further information required

Hi

Can you post up the address please. There are quite a few City Financial companies out there

I would assume these are loan brokers and as such you should be able to reclaim the payment minus £5 admin fee. If they refuse, you should report them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

done. how do i report them? how do i get my fee back? one of the numbers is an 'application' number and the other is for those waiting for non existing paperwork. if you ask for information

on the 'applicant' line they hang up and if you ring the enquiry number they never answer.

they need stopping before they do some damage to people who the loss of this fee does real damage to.

You need to be sending a letter recorded delivery (at the very least- I would suggest special delivery) giving them x amount of time to return your money.

Send it to the Registered Office you quoted above. You could address it to the boss-Jonathan Smith

You can quote this bit of legislation at them if you wish

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/consumer_credit/oft301.pdf

Go onto the OFT website and make your complaint. They won't do anything but once they have enough complaints about one company, they do act

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE