Warranty Direct & Taxis or Private Hire

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Has anyone on here had a claim refused for a repair under their warranty because their vehicle is being used for Private Hire or Hackney Carriage??

Im currently fighting an issue with them, which is as follows:-

When I took out a warranty policy with them the sales advisor spent ages on the phone telling me about the benefits of the policy and what IS covered but never told any of the items that were NOT covered. I took out this policy and had it for a whole year WITHOUT making a claim. When I was discussing the renewal it transpired that they don't cover vehicles that are used for Private hire or Hackney Carriage. As I use my vehicle for Private Hire (Hire & Reward) this meant that they could not renew my warranty. I asked if I was covered for the year that I had just paid for, to which the advisor said that they wasnt sure, but if I had a policy, then I must be covered!!!!! I checked my policy document for the previous year and it said that they didnt cover private hire vehicles. I wrote to WD and asked them for a full refund, as I had been mis-sold that policy. They refused, saying that the underwriters had actually covered Private Hire vehicles for that year (2010) but after a review, the underwriters decided to stop covering PH vehicles as of Dec 2010.

The really interesting thing about this, is that the policy document was dated Apr 2010 and states that PH vehicles WONT be covered, but when I took out my policy in AUG 2010 WD say the underwriters WERE covering vehicles!! I find it strange that a company of WD's size didnt have a correctly worded policy document in force at the time of me taking out the policy. IF they did decide to cover PH vehicles, shouldnt they say so in the policy document??

Id like to know where I stand on this, as I feel Ive been mis-sold the policy

Regards

EOS-5D

CAG Toolbar downloaded :D