ESA home medical

joe24sc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been housebound since feb due to anxiety and panic disorder. I am getting a home medical visit by atos in the next few weeks !

I am currenty under treatment with a CPN.

Do i have a chance of passing this so called medical ?

Will they stop my £65 benefit i get every week ?

Well how long's a piece of string?

For mental heath especially anxiety it's a 50/50 lottery judging on the experiences here.

The fact you've managed to get a home visit is a very good sign in your favour as 90% of us are refused one.

Remember the assessment is just another bit of evidence gathering! It's not the be all and end all!

My welfare rights told me I stood no chance in one! I scored 0 points!

Just read up on the appeals process (see stickies above) - just in case - as if the worst happens chuck in your appeal and payments resume. Remember if your getting HB/LHA/CT you need to fill in a change of circumstances form as they'll suspend payments - if ESA stops - have one ready bang it in and you probably will not miss one.

Take my case; ESA awarded Anxiety & Depression on reconsideration 6 months later based on my ESA50 form and appeal alone. You (I hope) will have good evidence and support from your CPN and doctor! I had none of that and still won!

Summary: don't worry about it! Just be prepared in-case the worst happens so that you can deal with it and get the right result!

Thanks for the advice on this. can any1 answer these questions.

Is it a doctor that does the home visits and how long does this last ?

How long after visit will i recieve the results ?

Ive read about on the web about home visits and some people suggest to leave your home in a messy state for the home visit, would that help.

I rang atos to ask if they had recieved a letter off GP explaining that i could not go to medical centre and the atos said "home visit guaranteed ".

And also seen as though i have not been outside since feb how many so called points will i get for just that ?

Its really stressfull going through all of this ,,, shouldn't really have to do it because the medical evidence is allready there !!

Thanks

Hi, I managed after fighting hard to have a home ATOS visit for my son, the actual visit I can't complain about at all, the Dr was polite and communicated well. The actual assessment lasted for approximately 30 mins, the one good thing about it against those that are held at a Medical Centre is that the Dr is not staring into a computer screen, he takes hand written notes.

You will get written notification of the date and time of the visit and it shold also state the name of the 'Health Professional that is coming to see you. If they have not given a name I personally would ring them to find out who it is, they will know as they will have booked them for the visit.

My advice to you is to have a trusted family member or friend there throughout the assessment mainly as support for you but also as a witness to everything that is said, if the assessment is not successful their input is essential when you go to appeal.

On reading ATOS reports they do make an issue about appearing 'well kempt' so tidiness appears to be a big issue to them, but tbh I would just be yourself as sometimes trying to give another impression can end up in causing you more stress and be detrimental to your well-being.

If you haven't heard anything from the DWP within 10 working days ring them and ask if they have recieved the report, that is how long they told me it took for it to get to them. If they have recieved it you can ask how many points you were awarded they can tell you over the phone. If 15 and over then you have passed if not ask straight away for a copy of the report and an appeal form.

From what you have said the descriptor GAa is relevant: Cannot get to any specified place with which the claimant is familiar that alone gives you the 15 points required.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I managed after fighting hard to have a home ATOS visit for my son, the actual visit I can't complain about at all, the Dr was polite and communicated well. The actual assessment lasted for approximately 30 mins, the one good thing about it against those that are held at a Medical Centre is that the Dr is not staring into a computer screen, he takes hand written notes.

You will get written notification of the date and time of the visit and it shold also state the name of the 'Health Professional that is coming to see you. If they have not given a name I personally would ring them to find out who it is, they will know as they will have booked them for the visit.

My advice to you is to have a trusted family member or friend there throughout the assessment mainly as support for you but also as a witness to everything that is said, if the assessment is not successful their input is essential when you go to appeal.

On reading ATOS reports they do make an issue about appearing 'well kempt' so tidiness appears to be a big issue to them, but tbh I would just be yourself as sometimes trying to give another impression can end up in causing you more stress and be detrimental to your well-being.

If you haven't heard anything from the DWP within 10 working days ring them and ask if they have recieved the report, that is how long they told me it took for it to get to them. If they have recieved it you can ask how many points you were awarded they can tell you over the phone. If 15 and over then you have passed if not ask straight away for a copy of the report and an appeal form.

From what you have said the descriptor GAa is relevant: Cannot get to any specified place with which the claimant is familiar that alone gives you the 15 points required.

Thanks every1 :)

Had my medical 2 weeks ago and have been put inot the WRAG group. Had no letters or nothing off them yet so i rang them last week and they told me over the phone.

I would not call that a medical, all they were doing was asking questions.

How long do they take to backdate your claim to week 14? its been a week since i found out and i am still waiting ?

Thanks

Well how long's a piece of string?

For mental heath especially anxiety it's a 50/50 lottery judging on the experiences here.

The fact you've managed to get a home visit is a very good sign in your favour as 90% of us are refused one.

Remember the assessment is just another bit of evidence gathering! It's not the be all and end all!

My welfare rights told me I stood no chance in one! I scored 0 points!

Just read up on the appeals process (see stickies above) - just in case - as if the worst happens chuck in your appeal and payments resume. Remember if your getting HB/LHA/CT you need to fill in a change of circumstances form as they'll suspend payments - if ESA stops - have one ready bang it in and you probably will not miss one.

Take my case; ESA awarded Anxiety & Depression on reconsideration 6 months later based on my ESA50 form and appeal alone. You (I hope) will have good evidence and support from your CPN and doctor! I had none of that and still won!

Summary: don't worry about it! Just be prepared in-case the worst happens so that you can deal with it and get the right result!

I sure hope this person does have her benefit paid at the lower rate pending appeal should the ESA assessment not give enough points (quite laughable, they rarely seem to give more than 0 points if you can walk, talk and breathe). I failed my assessment and have started the appeal process (as described in another thread here). Although I submitted a medical certificate from my GP and requested the lower rate of benefit to be paid me pending a Tribunal (all as advised by the DWP), I am still not receiving any benefit at all. Telephone calls to their offices get me nowhere. My local Job Centre attempted to find out what was going on and even they were stonewalled. My MP is attempting to find out why I am not receiving any benefit pending the Tribunal and even she is getting nowhere. So, even following all the advice and instructions from the DWP means absolutely nothing once your file goes back to a Decision Maker. It is as if they are up on some kind of pedestal and now regard themselves as beyond all contact from "mortals".

Anyway, yes, in answer to the first post, fingers crossed you can get enough points from your ATOS assessment and, if you do not, get in an appeal straight away.