cabot/citicard and court papers - its 10yrs old and SB'ed

sugg1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I can`t find a letter regarding default notice but i might have had a letter at some point from cabot with a default on i

I found a letter from cabot saying that cabot has recently brought the account i held with citifinancial ,the actully date is not showing but they have used a stamp saying "representation of a letter to customer created on (then hand written) 20/06/2011

Also found at letter dated 28th August 2008 saying "cabot purchased the account on the 26th April 2006.

What about the PPI on the card and default charges is that the same as late payment charges,what do i do about that?

Hi

I can`t find a letter regarding default notice but i might have had a letter at some point from cabot with a default on i

I found a letter from cabot saying that cabot has recently brought the account i held with citifinancial ,the actully date is not showing but they have used a stamp saying "representation of a letter to customer created on (then hand written) 20/06/2011

Also found at letter dated 28th August 2008 saying "cabot purchased the account on the 26th April 2006.

What about the PPI on the card and default charges is that the same as late payment charges,what do i do about that?

Ok,

The default should have come from the original creditor, thats the norm before selling or passing you to a DCA but this is citicard we are talking about and they dont follow the rules :-(

so looks like they sent you a NoA in 2008.

If you think the PPI was missold you need to set out why you think it was missold and then work out how much you were charged with interest and counter their amount with that. Also with the charges, more so of any charges that were above £12.

S.

you can claim after

however , i would IMHO , ic it ALL in your papers

you need to do the SOC PDQ.

to see if it outweighs what they are after.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how close though

have you looked to see

dont forget its just not ONLY the charges

but their int at their rate for EACH charge from the day they levied it

to the date of the case/your claim.

you'll be VERY suprised!

use this for both PPI & Charges [though one for each!]

file in their int rate at cell d10

then add each charge

collumns A.B.C

the spreadsheet will do the rest.

if you have PPI from day one

that will be worth £1000's now !!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok came across a old credit file and it shows the citi card started in 2002 and i know i paid for 1-2 years at the very most then lost job ect it shows that citi card defaulted me in 31/03/ 2006 the default notice balance was £2,445 and currant balance was £1,890

Then seems cabot took over and on my credit file cabot had all the same details as citicard had start date ect all the same but company name was now theirs and not citicard and the default balance was £2,445 and currant balance had gone up to £2,776 also default date as 31/03/2006 the same as citi card had put but updated by cabot 06/07/2008

the court order says in a box on the left hand side:

the claiment is the assignee of a debt from citifinancial citi classic card ref****** notice of assignmenthaving been giving to the defendant in writing.despite demand for payment of £3,133.67!!!!! remains due.the claimant claims £3,298.67 and interest under s.69county courts act 1984 and cost.

I have letters from cabot dated

14th july 2008 -owe 1870.85

11th sep 2008-1870.85

4th august 2008-2439.85

1st september 2008-1870.85

why it went up in august then back down a month later i do not know.

But the figure of £1,870 i remember being right with citicard

The figure i owed citicard was £1,870 and cabot want £3,298.67 thats increase of £1,428.67

I will be contacting the court online and extending the time and do the SAR to citicard.

And to dx100uk yea regards to blackhorse ,don`t even mention them they seem to be doing everything not to go back to court and not show us a signed agreement.

Me and my husband are both disabled and can`t afford to pay to take them back to court

I think the amount of the claim also needs to be challenged.. Did you ask for a statement of account within your CPR.. you really need to know how the sum they are claiming has acrued!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D