style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes hold back the big guns until they have taken enough rope to hang themselves, which they should do without too much prompting.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yeah. It's only in draft at the moment. I've attached it to the stuff I've sent the "big six" but haven't processed it yet.

as per PT hold the Reg 46 back as a reserve action depending on how you get on, ploddertom will help you sort this, and perhaps tomtubby may well look in

If any of those pictures and data was subject to Data Protection, Act I wonder what the legal position of the bailiffs would be?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

That's a very good point.

The images / video contain at least three people who signed model releases. Those releases are both related to Data Protection Act and 18 USC 2257 record keeping requirements (The U.S. equivelant)

The wording on the bottom of every release, which is relevant to every image I shoot is:

All Information is gathered, stored and distributed in compliance with, in accordance with and under the provision of the DPA 1998.

It also lists me as the Custodian of Records and Data Protection Officer.

Better tell the council the images are subject to the Data Protection Act then possibly, Others may know more

IMHO tomtubby doesn't read all the threads and she may think this is just another council tax issue that we can deal with

perhaps you should ask the site team to change your heading to something like

rossendales removal levy/same day work tools

IMHO tomtubby doesn't read all the threads and she may think this is just another council tax issue that we can deal with

perhaps you should ask the site team to change your heading to something like

rossendales removal levy/same day work tools

good idea hallow, this one sure is tricky, as all the equipment has it's use within OP's work, and not one item is surplus to his day to day work requierments in undertaking any contract, it is like a bailiff taking a HD pro videocamera, from a videographer, but leaving him with an old VHS-C camcorder, and I think needs careful handling, there are multiple issues and potential for legal action against the council here and it would be better if tomtubby takes a look.

Just to update the post.

Rossendales have said they have replied to the complaint direct to the council. and I'm waiting for their reply in turn.

In the meantime, I've been fired. They claim it's nothing to do with the bailiff situation, but as I've only been working for them for four months, I reckon I've no comeback.

If the bailiff action DIRECTLY led to you losing your job due to excessive seizure of exempt items The council may be liable in some way, I would phone them and ask for Council tax benefit forms stating that you are now unemployed, and would they amend your account accordingly when you submit the forms as the liability Order is now incorrect for this year. Others will know more