Online Purchase, Returned, and failed refund

Mike Flowers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi need some advice on the following

I made an online purchase not ebay but a website circa value of £600.

Notified the seller of my intention to return the goods with in 4 days via email. Goods not perishable or personalised.

Returned the goods un-opened 8 calendar days after initial delivery of goods via courier requiring a signiture at my expense (as per T&C's of the sale as per this particular website.

Seller has sent me an invoice saying goods refunded.

However the purchase was through (via) paypal.

A refund was attempted via paypal by the seller but the refund failed. The seller says it was a mix up between his bank and paypal (and a new bank account)

Paypal have washed their hands of it, saying it's now a legal dispute as the seller attempted a refund.

Question.

I believe the distance selling laws say the seller has 30 days to refund my money from the date i notified him of my intentions to return the goods for a full refund. Key point being 30 days from when i notified him, i believe that so far i have fully complied with the distance selling laws in terms of notifications.

A second attempt to refund via paypal is underway but i'm concerned that this could fail from rumors which are unsubstantiated about this particular company.

What do i do if this fails, the company has established that a refund is due, i have an invoice confirm that and a failed attempt in my paypal history, and now a further attempt.

Where do i go after the 30 days has expired if this attempt to refund fails. Obviously i will wait to see the outcome of this refund, but i just want to be prepared and hit the ground running.