Barclaycard PPI - odd reply...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just fired the first shots over the bow with Barclaycard re PPI paid as finally got chance to look at this card. Asked them to provide any evidence of me actually signing up for PPI or refund.

Got the reply of

your application for ppi was submitted online. At the point of applying for the ppi, the process required you to select the specific type of cover you required.

In addition we conducted a review of the documentation you viewed during the sale. we satisified...

you may consider this letter to be our final response..

this just really doesnt sound right

will add full letter tomorrow.

any advice?

Somewhere on CAG Online PPI is mentioned and some tips on what you can do, I did come across this Url below

http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/Missold_PPI_Claims/What_is_PPI_Misselling

An unfortunate corollary of this, however, is that it is difficult to prove mis-selling when the PPI was purchased online, as in this case a full set of terms and conditions is usually available to the seller, so it is their responsibility to absorb them.

Nevertheless I assume someone with answer your concerns pretty much soon. If I come across the thread about applying online for a loan and ticking (pre-ticked possible) the PPI box, I will add it here.

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

.Hi

Don't necessarily believe what the bank says.

Even of it was done on-line it doesn't mean to say it was sold properly....there are many criteria for mis-selling and usually there are a number which apply to an individual.

Indeed some of them were pre-ticked boxes and you couldn't proceed with your application if you unticked the box or, if it wasn't pre-ticked, you may not have been allowed to proceed until you did tick the box.

Fos have frowned on a number of lenders for their on-line sales practices in years gone by.

As this is their final response you can go to fos or you can approach them again with your concerns and a schedule of claim (spreadsheet) and a completed fos questionnaire.

What from did your claim for mis-selling take?

ims