Very catalogue refused my monthly offer - need some advice please

Wizzywoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i wouldn't bother

they have no legal powers

and you should not talk on the pohne

what ever they said ignore

you do not have to negotiate a repayment with them at all or very

you TELL THEM what they are going to get

even if only £1

and do it via internet banking

ok time to get on with the reclaiming

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please listen to what you are being told on this forum , dont ask them if they will accept anything, "TELL" them you will be paying what you can afford (and ONLY WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD)!!!

Do not be intimidated by them!!!

They realy are not worth the worry! I speak from experience!

If they telephone you tell them you will only deal " in writing" then put phone down!

They will keep on calling for a few weeks, keep up with the " in writing only" line then they will give up!

hello all:-)

Again - please read all the advice - you are in control, there really is no need to worry - tell them what you can afford and that is that - they have no option but to accept it - will make you sleep easier too. With so many people in debt problems now the courts are looking very kindly on them and very harshly with 'poor' creditors such as Very etc.

Offer them a £1 and get on with your day to day - they cannot do anything to you that really matters.

really is it just as easy as that i am having probs with very too sleepless nite god had a few of them lately dont look forward to the post turning up either as i will have another letter from there arrears collection dept with another £12 charge :sad:

• 4 weeks later...

Does any one know if I have the right to claim back the £12 charges and the huge amount of interest they have been charging me ?

And does anyone know how long I actually have pay a monthly fee to this company ?

Since my last thread I wrote to very as advised.

Shop direct company limited have replied to me today and I am really not sure how to proceed further with them and wondered if any one would mind giving me some advice please ?

The letter from Very : says they understand that I have made an offer of repayment however they will not accept it (offered £100 per month which is far more then I can afford anyway but would get help from my parents).

They say if the account goes into arrears that it is policy to pursue the debt via the arrears collection department . That they will only accept any payment offer if it brings the account up to date within 6 months and my offer does not fulfil this.

They have told me to contact an external debt management company to get financial assistance . They have also said that they require. Budget sheet showing income and expenditure (I don't work as I have 4 little children to look after but I do receive detain benefits). They also say that they will not accept the budget sheet unless it is completed by a debt management company ( I thought I could fill one in myself and send it).

And vey also say they will not hold or remove any interest charges on my account so sadly the account is going higher and higher.

Really worried about this now and would ask for some help in replying to this company please.

Does any one know if I have the right to claim back the £12 charges and the huge amount of interest they have been charging me ?

And does anyone know how long I actually have pay a monthly fee to this company ?

Erm, what company are you paying a monthly fee to? Please, tell me you are NOT going with a fee paying DMP ? You can administer your DMP yourself. You do not even have to use a Debt counselling Charity if you do not wish to ! However, I think you should speak to someone like National Debtline http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

Complete the budget sheet below.. this is for YOUR benefit only, it does not get sent anywhere. Once you know what your disposable income is after paying out priority debts which are ..

Mortgage/Rent, council tax, utilities, food other household expenses, insurances, etc, etc.. credit cards and any other unsecured borrowing get a prorata amount according to the balance outstanding.

[ATTACH]32513[/ATTACH]

Yes, you can reclaim the charges and the interest on those charges only..

They have absolutely no right to demand that you use a Debt Management company. If you are able to, can you please scan in the letter you have received from this obnoxious company. If you follow the instructions given by dx100uk below.. you should be ok.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi

Thanks everyone who had given me advice so far.

Sadly this nightmare is still ongoing.

Since my last message I wrote back to very catalogue direct and not ndr money (who are now supposed to be dealing with my account). I again told them I could only afford to give them £50 per month . Ndr have written back to day they will not accept the proposal for repayment even though £50 is stretching things anyway and they continue to threaten more fees and charges to the account which is spiralling out of control.

I have been making a £5 payment to very each month to show willing .

Not sure what to do now ? Should i write again offering the money again. I can't really increase my offer as I am repaying 2 other companies (one is opus at £80 per month and the other is mbna which is £36 per month and it is a huge struggle as I have 4 little kids).

I think now has come the time for you to stop communicating with them.

What is the total amount owed to this company ?

Under no circumstances should you offer them an amount you will not be able to maintain - Have you done a proper budget sheet and calculated the pro rata payments for each of the 3 debts you are paying ?

I really do suggest you contact National Debtline and have a read of the following.. The OFT say it is unfair to ignore a CASHFlow budget.. so if you can get help to sort your I&E out, then if Very/NDR continue with their tactics, they will be the ones that look unreasonable. Meanwhile I would just continue to pay the £5.00 each month and do keep receipts if you are paying at a branch.

The following has recently been brought to my attention and could prove very useful. Especially now the OFT guidance specifically states it's an Unfair practice to ignore a cashflow budget!

If you are experiencing difficulty in repaying your debts, CASHflow is a way for you to negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors. Before you can use CASHflow, you must have spoken to one of the free advice agencies licensed to offer CASHflow to their clients. The advice agency will start by talking to you about all of the options available, and can help you to decide if CASHflow is the right one for you.

If you decide to use CASHflow, you will be provided with all of the tools you need to be able to complete your own financial statement and negotiate offers of repayment with creditors yourself. This will enable you to stay in control of your situation, but still have support from an adviser at any stage if you need it.

You can contact a local advice agency to check if they offer CASHflow. You can find a list of free advice agencies that are near to you by searching for a money adviser in England or Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Alternatively, you can call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

CASHflow: http://www.cashflow.uk.net/

National Debtline: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

post 26

off you go

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Was that the one from 7th December.

I did tKe your advice and that was the last letter I sent telling them I would pay them £50 and asked them to freeze interest etc.

Should I repeat this letter.

Also in the mean time I am Looking at money steps.

£50

i wouldn't pay them £20!!

write to them

saying as you have refused to accept my offers

you are now getting £20? for 12mts

no judge would ever make me pay more!

bye bye

just do it by internet banking site and get reclaiming.

and they

Also just to check shall I start paying the £20 per month or should I wait til they accept and continue to pay the £5 I have been sending via Internet payments .

And just one other question - obviously £20 over 12 months will only cover part of my debt to the catalogue . How does that work.

you REALLY need to do some reading of other peoples threads here.

you pay WHATEVER you want

its YOUR MONEY

YOU call the shots.

there is no debtors prison anymore!

they will never go to court if you pay something even £5 on a regular basis

get that reclaiming going too

dx

and they

"You are amazingly helpful thank you." I wondered why he was strutting around the office like a peacock.

Every word he says is true.

The most that can happen to you is a county court judgement but the judge would look at your finances and they are a lot harder on these companies that demand silly amounts which is why they won't go to court. If you think you can afford 50 a judge would say 20.

Edited by Conniff
correct typo

you can only reclaim the interest the panalty fees have attracted though!

dx

and they

Thanks dx100uk will get that out today and pay the £20.

You really know your stuff. Do you think they will push me to court or accept my proposal ?

If you have made proposals and continued to pay money off the account, then it would not look good for them if they were to issue a claim. The Lending Code, OFT guidelines advise that they should be more sympathetic to financial hardship/difficulties and it is fairly obvious Very are being very unreasonable.

I think you are worrying needlessly :)

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Continuing to pay my £5 per month and NDR money have written back to me refusing my 2 nd offer of repayment. They sent another letter the following day now threatening me with issuing a default notice if I don't pay the arrears which is a crazy amount. This account is spiralling out of control with charges and interests . There is no way I can afford what they are asking me to do and they know this from the 2 previous letters I have sent them.

Does any one know what I should do now ?

your dont offer you TELL

and get reclaiming!!

dx

and they