Barclaycard PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My husband has a Barclaycard and pays PPI.

Because he fell behind with his monthly payments,

he had been paying extra each month to try and get back to within the credit limit which he did,

but we are struggling financially and it is impossible to maintain these payments.

He is paying what he can but Barclaycard are ringing 2-3 times a day leaving messages to contact them.

He has been with Barclaycard for over 6 years and to my knowledge has always paid PPI which he says he did not ask for.

He does not have a copy of the original contract unfortunately.

So we would like to ask would he be able to make a claim over the PPI and if so should he cancel it now?

Neither of us are financial/legal 'savvy' and I am slightly overwhelmed by the amount of information on this site

so would be extremely grateful for (or pointed in the right direction of) a 'step by step guide for dummies' as I help him take the first steps towards making a claim if he has one.

Ann

Common Sense is genius dressed in it's working clothes - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

you can reclaim the PPI easily

BC are coughing quite nicely at the momenet

have a read here:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

and also type in barclaycard PPI in our advanced search to right

lots and lots of threads here & in the BC forum to read

follow other threads

i'd also get reclaiming all those 'fees' too

like over/late etc etc

looks like you're in for a windfall.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX

Many thanks for your encouraging words.

So his first step should be a SAR? Should he cancel the PPI payments now or wait until after their response to the SAR?

Ann

Common Sense is genius dressed in it's working clothes - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

it wont matter as such.

even if they charge another month

you'll get it back via the reclaim

best idea is do lots of REading of other like threads

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope

they take their cut

anything upto 45%

do it yourself for free here

easy peasy!!

dx

and they

Hi DX

Thanks for your reply.

Oh dear :shock: I knew there would be a fee but not that much.

Problem for me is it's all too confusing. I've spent all afternoon and evening on reading various threads and I'm just getting more and more confused. Links don't work and if I end up on Justgofindit.com one more time I think I'll scream :madgrin: I thought there would be a complete idiots guide such as Step 1, step 2 etc with a link on each to the template needed.

I've decided I am unable to go ahead with this, I'm just not up to the task of wading through every post and pretending that I know about or understand what I am reading, so I was hoping that using one of those companies that claim PPI on your behalf might be the way forward.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, sorry to waste your time.

Ann

well atleast you tried.

ok so what have you got so far

have you got all the statements going back to the day he got the card?

dx

and they

Hi DX

You're being very patient with me, thank you.

Hubby has got no statments so I've downloaded the SAR template for him to sign and send with a PO for £10, is that right? He also had cards with other companies that he paid off a couple of years ago but also had PPI on, which I've read that he might also be able to claim for them too, but he has no account details now (he shredded his statements after he closed his accounts :oops:) There will also be late payment fees and overlimit charges on the accounts which I think I read rightly would need a separate approach.

I'm sorry I'm coming across as a complete airhead (I'm not really) it's just legalese turns me into a complete moron

Many thanks

Ann

Hi DX

Forgot to mention, he can't remember when he took the cards out either but I think it's over 6 years ago.

Ann

sar is the right way to go

you need to send one to each creditor with any details you have and any alternate addresses the he might have been at during the term of any of the cards that creditor gave you.

the rest you have got correct well done

at the start its a slow process to get all the info you need

then it gets a bit harder

but 1000's of people have done it before you. as you have read.

ppi cetainly has NO time limit for reclaiming

though some creditor might pull the limitations act string if the info you want is outside 6yrs, some will not.

keep us informed.

dx

and they

Hi Helen

Just going to back up what dx has said.

It appears daunting to start with but you will get all the help you need here.

Keep it firmly fixed in your mind that these institutions have taken money from you unlawfully and with credit cards you are going to be able to claim back a goodly sum.

Bear with it and as we guide you through the process, continue to read other threads and, if it helps, make notes of things to help the information go in.

As I said we can guide you through each step so stick with it and become empowered.

Regards

ims

Hi DX and IMS

You've given me the courage to carry on, thank you. I hope I can 'pick your brain' again if I need to when he gets a response.

Many thanks

Ann

Hi Ann

I am not an expert , but I have spent a lot of time reading the threads on here and there is always someone around who will help if you get stuck. Particularly Dx and IMS , who answer the same questions time and time again, help with spreadsheets etc , so I am sure you will get all the help you need through this process.

I am slightly addicted to this site now and particularly enjoy reading about the sucess stories , so I would encourage you to read through some while you wait for the response on your SAR , as you will pick up lots that way.

Regards

W

Thanks W.

I'd already read some of the success stories which gave me the final push to get hubby to do something. He's so laid back he's horizontal but reading all the good work that has been done on the site I thought it was time for him to stand up and be counted.

SAR's being posted tomorrow :thumb:

Ann

Thanks W.

I'd already read some of the success stories which gave me the final push to get hubby to do something. He's so laid back he's horizontal but reading all the good work that has been done on the site I thought it was time for him to stand up and be counted.

Ann

Time for the mouse to become a Tiger...Like me! :lol:

Hi Helen

Don't give up! I found it all too daunting also, but with the help of the guys on this forum and just trawling all the posts reading as much as you can, you will get results.

I've personally had success with Barclays for a tidy sum when looking back I almost gave up!

Everyone here has been in your situation. It can take time, but follow the guidance and get reading the posts on the forum for other peoples experiences.

Good luck!

Citybloke

Thanks W.

Ann

I enjoy when all I have to do now is watch the clock go tick tock and keep an eye on the door mat.

I have 4 x Barclays complaints that have been upheld'ed and will be expecting the "Letter of Acceptance" shortly before Nov 7th 2011, so keep it up it is worth it in the end.

Sent another complaint to MBNA and BarclayCard complaint in motion and is still being investigated but have enough info (fos got complaint too) to be concluded by 3/11/2011.

I am ofc looking forward to Xmas for once.

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

Don't know if it will work for your Helen but I sort of treat it all as a game rather than get stressed with it all. A strategy game were I try and pre-empt their next move.

As with all games, you can walk away at any time but the further you get into it the more interesting it becomes.

ims and dx are brilliant - and most people in these forums are very supportive.

Enjoy your empowerment :)