Unfair Overdraft Charges??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an overdraft and do online banking. I'm usually very careful with money and regularly check my account but for the last two months i've incurred charges for going over the agreed overdraft. I thought it was me but the problem seems to be stemming from RBS not updating my account details fast enough or taking money out fast enough. So a transaction that took place on the 6th for instance, isn't showing until the 10th and the balance is incorrect. It's really confusing. I'm going to be extra cautious now but i just wondered if anyone knows if RBS can charge me when they're not providing a good service? They're also supposed to text me to tell me if there's a problem and they did it once (and gave me 6 hours notice!) but I haven't received any more.

I switched from the Halifax because they charged fotr their own mistake (they admitted it but refused a refund!!) because someone said RBS was a good bank and now they're starting! Are there ANY decent banks left...?

• 2 months later...

By all accounts RBS is a slob bank - poorly run, not always honest, walking wounded. One has to feel a bit of pity for lots of the probably very decent staff who work there.

However, you won't get much help from any of the other banks. The problem is that there is no real competition and they certainly don't compete for customers, they compete for shareholders and that is why anything goes in the effort to produce huge profits at any cost - either financial, moral, human, ethical in order to produce satisfied shareholders

Hi Alicat

There is nothing to stop you writing to them asking for that money back. Tell them the 'Lending Code' states that they should not treat you 'unfairly', if you feel they haven't treated you fairly, then try to claim your money back. You should tell them that should you lodge a complaint with the FOS it will cost them £500. Hopefully they are o.k. with the maths.