• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GHD Straighteners - RESULT!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, I agree with you. I think it's appalling for such a highly priced product. Anyway reply sent...

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been in touch with Barclaycard re this. Unfortunately they can't do anything as the purchase was some time ago, and is only delivery and protection cover. They suggested Watchdog .... hmm will wait to hear from ghd first.

This is the Watchdog report.....

Picture008.jpg

I've had two sets of GHD straighteners and the same to happened to me with both. After the second time I got in contact with the manufacturers and was told this was unusual although I've seen online thats not true.

They suggested I sent them back recorded delivery so they could look at them and repair them if possible. However I would have to pay for the repair it was my fault and also pay for them to be sent back to me by recorded delivery.

I didn't send them because the cost of paying recorded delivery postage (from abroad) and probably for the repair even though I don't think it's my fault would probably cost more than buying a new GHD .

As I've lost faith in the manufacturers I've since bought another brand which will hopefully last longer.

Look what came in the post this morning, plus my old straightners returned! free of charge (Big Whoop!!):rolleyes:

Picture009.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Having the same problem as every1 else on here with my GHD hair straightners i found this thread and returned my straightners to Jamella together with a letter (i had no proof of purchase) to explain that i wanted my straightners repaired or replaced and returned free of charge or else i would take furtjer action, mentioning some of the major concerns and issues going on with GHD hair straighters and the Sale of Goods Act. Two weeks later, i recieved my straightners back repaired and sent free of charge as a "good will gesture"

Keep trying, they are repairing out of warrenty straightenrs for free!

Straight on the phone to Consumer Direct,when I had time between tasks!

They have advised me to write to the salon where I purchased them, as I am really covered by the Sale of Goods Act, 1979. I do have proof of purchase, as I paid by visa, so no problems there. Also. of course, I have 6 years from the date of purchase....

Letter ready to go off, copies of reports, as suggested. I have requested a replacement or refund and given them 14 days to respond. If they do not or it is negative, I have been told to go back to consumer D. who will then get Trading Standards involved....etc....

Oh, and also Jamella, I have reported you, once again, to Watchdog!!!

Yep, fame for you Bookworm:-D

sorry i had to put the letter on two pages werent to sure how to do it. Anyway this is the letter they sent back to me i cant believe this is what they have said and i still have to pay £10 to got my straighteners back. what a p*** take.

Please advise me of what i should say im really stuck.

Thanks

"Your iron is 32 months old".... and well covered by the Sale of Goods Act, 1979 (6 years), which I'm sure they're aware of.... but are hoping you're not. They are therefore legally obliged to repair it free of charge and I would push with this one...

Alternatively, if they want you to go to court with it, armed with Watchdog reports.... and copy letters from CAG members who have received the same tripey letters as you've just had... then that's ok too.

If they want to protect their reputation.... then they'd better play the game properly and start treating their customers with some respect.

Hi

I have a pair of GHD straighteners which were bought for me about 4 and a half, 5 years ago. I remember hearing about the problems with the irons but didn't think they applied to my set as they had been running perfectly for years. That was until the other morning when I was in the middle of straightening my hair they started sparking furiously and little flames coming out of them, I got such a fright I screamed (which scared the hell out of my daughter, poor wee thing) and threw them out of my hand onto my dressing table. Sparks and flames were still flying out of them as I rushed to switch them off at the wall. The flex had burned half way through and there will little dots of burnt flex all over my dressing table.

I have had good use out of these straighteners and would perhaps have expected them to just stop working or some similar non dangerous fault to occur but I feel that GHD are responsible. I phoned GHD to explain the problem, the girl I spoke to seemed completely un-fazed and uninterested in the problem. I was asked to return the straighteners by recorded delivery, which I was going to do tomorrow but after reading these posts I am wondering if this is such a good idea.

Should I write a letter of complaint, or would another form of action be better? Does anyone know what the product numbers of the faulty bathes are?

Sorry I know this is a bit long but thought I should give the full story. Any advice would really help.

Thank you

Well as I said, wrote to the retailer on the advice of Consumer Direct, gave them 2 weeks to reply.

Received a very curt note from them this morning saying:-

1) Further to talks with Jemella Ltd it would appear that you are not the registered person at that address for the fore mentioned GHD's ?????

2)I cannot expect that it has taken the owner of the GHDs 4 years to decide they are faulty.

3)I am only legally obligated to replace or refund monies within 14 days of purchase of product, as I'm sure you are fully aware.

4)I have worked with GHD's since they first arrived on the market and have yet to have a set spark dramatically, catch fire, explode or anything else in this time, so don't believe everything you read in the press.:rolleyes:

So I am Sorry I am Unable to help you.

Ok, will see what Consumer Direct have to say about that later!!!

Just been in touch with Consumer Direct, some VERY good advice, ha, ha. Will let you know how it goes later......

What a STUPID letter from the retailer !!! :mad:

1. That doesn't make the blindest bit of difference, if you are the person with the receipt !!! :rolleyes:

2. Of course it hasn't taken you 4 years to decide they are faulty; they have developed a fault within the timeframe stipulated by the Sale of Goods Act, 1979 !! :rolleyes:

3. Only able to refund within 14 days of purchase ?! Whose leg is she trying to pull ? :rolleyes: .... the 14 days don't stand when a product is faulty and they are covered by a standard 1 year manufacturer's guarantee anyway. :rolleyes:

4. Well, she would say that, wouldn't she ? Suggest she joins the CAG. Meanwhile, just hope her shoes have rubber soles !! :rolleyes:

How old was this person... 12 ??!

• 2 weeks later...
Well as I said, wrote to the retailer on the advice of Consumer Direct, gave them 2 weeks to reply.

1) Further to talks with Jemella Ltd it would appear that you are not the registered person at that address for the fore mentioned GHD's ?????

2)I cannot expect that it has taken the owner of the GHDs 4 years to decide they are faulty.

3)I am only legally obligated to replace or refund monies within 14 days of purchase of product, as I'm sure you are fully aware.

4)I have worked with GHD's since they first arrived on the market and have yet to have a set spark dramatically, catch fire, explode or anything else in this time, so don't believe everything you read in the press.:rolleyes:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Another reply to my response to the above letter, from the 12 year old....:roll:..not worth putting up. Called Consumer Direct,as they wanted report. I'm awaiting information from Barclaycard , as to the exact purchase price. If they were under 100.00, will have to consider court action.

Yes, did that with the first letter. The second one from them below;-

As I stated before, you do not appear to be the registered owner of the fore mentioned GHDs, but I will presume you are acting on their behalf(?) As I said I do not agree that the GHDs were faulty at purchase and after 4 years use and abuse(!!!!) that they have simply reached the end of their life span.

If standard plate GHDs were purchased, I am not totally sure that section 75 of the consumer credit act actually applies. Act states goods valued between 100 to 30000 are covered under section 75. GHDs were retailing at under 100 and thus fall under that limit.

Summary, I do not agree that the GHDs were faulty and I will not be replacing them.

Yes, did that with the first letter. The second one from them below;-

As I stated before, you do not appear to be the registered owner of the fore mentioned GHDs, but I will presume you are acting on their behalf(?)

This is of no consequence... you don't need to register yourself as a user of electrical products in order to cover yourself against faulty merchandise. As I said I do not agree that the GHDs were faulty at purchase and after 4 years use and abuse(!!!!) that they have simply reached the end of their life span.

Use and ABUSE ?!! I would be inclined to take this little accusation higher....

If standard plate GHDs were purchased, I am not totally sure that section 75 of the consumer credit act actually applies. Who said anything about the Consumer Credit Act ? It's The Sale of Goods Act and seeing as she comes across as a bit thick anyway.... it doesn't really matter what she thinks.... only what that Act covers you for. states goods valued between 100 to 30000 are covered under section 75. GHDs were retailing at under 100 and thus fall under that limit. Not sure what she's trying to refer to here... but would be inclined to ask which part of "The Consumer Credit Act" :rolleyes: she's referring to. If she's made a mistake, do a Google search for The Sale of Goods Act and check out section 75.

Summary, I do not agree that the GHDs were faulty and I will not be replacing them.

I think a lot depends on how much fight you have in you.... because it sounds like you're dealing with a right airhead !!

Ok, will see what Consumer Direct have to say about that later!!!

sounds like a serious health and safety issue any electrical implement that shows signs of failure and likely to set fire most certainly would and should be withdrawn from the market i would write back warning them of the serious health risk to the public,and reclaim a new set...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks