GHD Straighteners - RESULT!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my ghds broke on christmas day 09 (ahhhh!!) after buying them in november..

they are cheap and cr*p in my opinion, if they cant manage 2 months use (5 times a week for 10minutes a day) then they are clearly not a great product. luckily as mine were in the warranty i sent them to ghd and they sent me a new pair free of charge (after a 3 week wait with christmas holidays, snow etc!) but what about all the poor people with ghds that break 13 months after the warranty???? its ridiculous!! for £100+ you should expect a better product/service from ghd. they didnt even offer to send me a pre paid jiffy bag, I HAD TO ASK.

Anyway, u can post them back for free and ghd will pay for postage if you ring GHD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ASK FOR A PRE PAID BAG!!they will send it and it will be with u next day, should save you £6/£7 postage (they send a royal mail pre paid special next day delivery bag)

why should the customer have to pay to have a sh*t product replaced/fixed????? Make ghd pay for return postage as its their problem they r selling such a cr*p product and inconveniencing everyone!!!!!!!!!!

I will never ever shop at ghd again, after these replacement ghds break and i cant get a replacement as the warranty runs out i will by from a better company, ghd have lost out on my custom, and i have warned friends and family about buying them, if u do this then u can cut down on the amount of profit they get, and then maybe they will sort out their rubbish product and make it more reliable..

sorry about the rant, but when u pay £100 for a product, you should expect it to work for AT LEAST 2 YEARS in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I just would like to say THANKS GOD that I came across Bookworm blog. My black luxury straightener 115 after discount just stopped working few days ago and I desperately looked for someone to repair it and everyone was like u better buy a new one. Then I just typed Ghd repair to see where i can repair it and I came across this brilliant thread.. I just called Ghd and they not only going to repair it, but they also going to refund the postage expenses.

Thanks a big time 'BOOKWORM' u wonderfull, with your help I saved 115:),

Hannah

• 3 months later...

have been reading through all reviews and now dreading the fight ahead!!!!!!!!

daughters ghd just wouldn't switch on today no apparent cause, checked fuse etc the lead is sealed inside so couldn't find access

they are a mark 4.2 pair she bought them from a hairdressers and lo and behold no reciept and approximatly 2 years old will phone tomorrow and see how to go from there but will state i am not prepared to pay for return of my property, any way will let you all know if i dont collapse with stress!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I wish i had read all this before i sent my GHD's Mark IV back yesterday! I have only had them 7 months - the light comes on and beeps but plates do not heat up. How long do you think i will wait before i hear from them? I just filled out the online form and sent them via courier. thank you :)

Pink duchess - thats great.. hope they do the same for me. I did send mt receipt and my ghd registration details etc so hopefully i will have straight hair again soon :)

You should see that state of my hair going to work all this week :(

Thanks you

• 8 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks